Thread: Cannot Ping the Router with cisco 3560 switch

Cannot Ping the Router with cisco 3560 switch

i am actually new in this, so this is bit confusing for me. i dont know how can i explain this. ok, so first i have cisco 3560 switch which i installed in my Network. my previously have a switch which pinging ok with router but dont know why, when i connect new switch to my router, router cannot ping. i dont know how to configure all this. anyone have any kind of idea on this? i dont know whatever i have state is enough or need more information about this, but if you want to know about my connection than please let me know and help me to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot Ping the Router with cisco 3560 switch

here are some configuration if this helps you anyhow.

Steps in Catalyst Switch 3560:
    Code:
    Switch # config t 
    Switch (config) # vlan 10 
    Switch (config) # vlan 20 
    Switch (config) # interface e0 / 1 
    Switch (config-fi) # vlan-membership static 10 
    Switch (config-if) # interface e0 / 2 
    Switch (config-if) # vlan-membership static 10 
    Switch (config-if) # interface e0 / 4 
    Switch (config-if) # vlan-membership static 20 
    Switch (config-if) # interface e0 / 5 
    Switch (config-if) # vlan-membership static 20 
    Switch (config-if) # interface fastethernet0/26 
    Switch (config-if) # Trunk On 
    Switch (config-if) # exit 
    Switch (config) # ip default gateway 10.0.0.3 
    Switch (config) # ip add 10.0.0.5 255.255.0.0

The steps in ICT Router:
    Code:
    ICT-Router (config) # interface f0 / 0 
    ICT-Router (config-if) # description Connected to a Switch 
    ICT-Router (config-if) # exit 
    ICT-Router (config) # interface f0/0.1 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # ip address 10.0.0.3 255.255.0.0 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # encapsulation ISL 1 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # exit 
    ICT-Router (config) # interface fastethernet0/0.10 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # encapsulation ISL 10 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # ip address 10.22.47.140 255.255.0.0 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # exit 
    ICT-Router (config) # interface fastethernet0/0.20 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # encapsulation ISL 20 
    ICT-Router (config-subif) # ip address 192.168.0.3 255.255.0.0

I want to ask some fundamental thing about routers and switches that I read in some tutorials. what is meant by core switches and core routers? what it is just the term alone?

Core Switch / Router is usually found on enterprise networks large providers. Structure / hierarchy of the network there are basically 3 things are there: Access, Distribution, Core. Access = Access to network / connect to the customer directly. Distribution = points / nodes where all the access network is connected. Core = points / nodes connected to the distribution. In the Core Switch / Router no direct connection to the network Access.

Intervlan routing is one such example in this paper, occurs in the router ICT. The point inter-VLAN can not communicate (OSI layer 2), theif you want to be able to communicate between vlan (intervlan), then it should go up to layer 3 (Network Layer / IP). Intervlan routing can also be done in Catalyst Multilayer switches (3550 series and above) by making the SVI (Switch Virtual Interface). BGP Quote shelled could complete Chapter 2, that should provide a specific question. Tool for monitoring until the application layer can with wireshark. You can see the IP, TCP / UDP, application until the message is in it. Install this tool on your PC and connect to the switch / hub in your office LAN Center. Then you will be able to monitor all activity including those in the client2 office.

Due to a bug in the software of the firewall service module (FWSM), a series of specially crafted ICMP packets, Cisco routers and switches are standstill.

All FWSM software versions 2.x, 3.x and 4.x fix without special vulnerable. As Cisco points out in a security advisory, the execution result of ICMP packets to a processor that occupies all available execution threads. This means that the system does not forward packets. In addition, it also FSWM itself is not achievable over the network, a fully equipped fail-over could also fail.

The command show np 2 stats can tell you whether this problem has already occurred. The system this case provides, the message "ERROR: request for FP Stats failed np_logger_query". Workarounds, that no manufacturer, that does provide updated versions of the FWSM software, which will no longer occur the problem.

Your Cisco 3560 switches do not support NAT, so if you want a solution-vlan, vlan can connect to the internet / speedy you can change its topology by replacing the wireless modem with a Cisco router that has an ADSL port and a port FastEthernet. FastEthernet is connected to cat3560 configured as a VLAN trunk. Connect the ethernet port of your wireless modem to the Catalyst 3560 and Catalyst 3560 to Configure vlan on. Thereby you have internet access with a cable which is distributed from the Catalyst 3560 and the wireless is connected to 3560.

The key was in the router connected to ADSL / Internet. On this router you must create a sub-interface for vlan masing2, making masing2 DHCP for VLAN, and create a NAT / PAT with access list (ACL) for each VLAN subnet. So with many VLAN has an IP private masing2 different, client2 from masing2 VLAN TSB can still connect to the Internet.