Thread: Intel centrino Wireless N 6150 not working properly

Intel centrino Wireless N 6150 not working properly

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio notebook and it is having a Intel Centrino Wireless N6130 card and it was working fine for a week but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and it is getting disconnected after 5 minutes and so. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Intel centrino Wireless N 6150 not working properly

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio notebook and it is having a Intel Centrino Wireless N6130 card and it was working fine for a week but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and it is getting disconnected after 5 minutes and so. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before is suggest you something I just want you to check out and make sure that you are having the latest driver and there is nothing wrong with the internet connection, router as well and I just wanted to know that have you tried out the troubleshooting method?? Are you getting any kind of error messages and so?? Just answer me the above for further help.

Yes I am having the latest driver and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times as well but then it is not making any difference and as far as the internet connection and router is concerned they all are working fine and I really don’t think that there is anything wrong with them. I have tried out the troubleshooting process but then it appears as if it is fixing the issue for some hours and after one or two hours the problem remains the same. Is there any other method that I can try out???

Even I am having the same problem with Centrino N6150 wireless card in my Toshiba P755-S5215 laptop and I am having the same issue since the day I have bought it, I mean it has been 4 days until now. In my case it just does not drop the connection and it just says no wireless connections available”. I have made sure that I am having the latest drivers as well and I have tried rebooting the machine several times as well but then it is making any difference. I am planning to get it replaced it but then if there is a workaround that I can try out then please let me know as well.

I think that I can help you out here, actually I have checked out for your problem and I have found a solution that has been mentioned to be as working by a no of people facing the same problem, It is just that you have to disable the 802.11n Mode and after that you won’t have the same problem again, Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you as well. Let me know of it works.

Hey thanks for that I was not aware of the 802.11n Mode but then it has actually solved the issue, the problem seems to have been solved by disabling the 802.11n Mode, I really appreciate your help, thanks once again.