Thread: Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN is turning off automatically

Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN is turning off automatically

I have recently bought a Sony vaio VPCZ1290x and it is running on windows 7 and it is not having any problem in connecting to the wifi but then it just keeps loosing the connecting in between and in order to get it work I have to disable it and enable it again and again. My laptop is having Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN wifi,Is there anyone one who has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN is turning off automatically

I have recently bought a Sony vaio VPCZ1290x and it is running on windows 7 and it is not having any problem in connecting to the wifi but then it just keeps loosing the connecting in between and in order to get it work I have to disable it and enable it again and again. My laptop is having Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN wifi,Is there anyone one who has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
    Before is suggest you something about this, first check out that you are having the latest driver for the Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN wifi and also make sure that you are installing the same from the intel website and not form any third party website. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I am having the latest driver from the intel website and it is 13.1.1.1. I have checked it out in the Device Manager and it says that this one is the latest/recommended one as well. I will also like to add that I have uninstalled the driver and have reinstalled it several times as well but then it is just not making any difference. I have also tried to change the adjusted power mgmt settings by going in to the adapter setting and all but then even it did not helped , Is there any other solution that I can try out to solve this issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to run the Intel WiFi event viewer and if the adapter gets shut down or losses the connection then just check the viewer for events, actually I am suggesting you to do so because even I was having similar problem as that of yours and I was trying out a no of solution but then when I checked out in the viewer for events then I found that the adapter had actually crossed a critical thermal event and it had to be repaired to get it work. I am not very sure about the same in your case as you have recently bought it but then you can at least check it out to track down the cause of the issue you are facing.

I don’t know how come you all are facing this issue, I mean that even I am using the Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN and it has been working fine with me without any such problem, I have installed the below driver, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is making any difference or not. I think that it should probably solve the issue. Best of luck.

Yes even I am having the same driver and I am not having any problem with it, but then if it is not working for you even after installing the above driver than I will suggest you to use this Recommended Wireless Router Settings and also make sure that you have updated the driver in the firmware in the wireless router as well. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you or not.

I don’t know how come you all are facing this issue, I mean that even I am using the Intel Centrino Advanced N6200 AGN and it has been working fine with me without any such problem, I have installed the below driver, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is making any difference or not. I think that it should probably solve the issue. Best of luck.

Intel Driver Update Utility
    Hey thanks for that driver link I have now installed the version 13.5.0.6 and it think that it has solved the issue, I mean that it has been 2 hours from now and I have not yet faced the same disconnecting issue again. I think that the version 13.5.0.6 is the only solution for this issue, even I will suggest others to use the same. Thanks to you once again for your help.

I think that you might be luck with it because even I have installed the same version 13.5.0.6 and it is not making any difference in my case, by now I have tried out the below things:
    • I have installed all the windows update
    • Rebooted the machine a no of times
    • Reinstalled the card several times
    • Tried disabling and enabling the card as well

I have checked all of the above but then they are really not effective and I am left out with the same issue, is there anything else that I can try out???