Thread: Intel pro 3945ABG Network card not working in Virtual Machine running on Windows Server 2003 hosted on Windows 7

Intel pro 3945ABG Network card not working in Virtual Machine running on Windows Server 2003 hosted on Windows 7

It would be quite difficult to understand the title, but see i have explained it my best as i can. I have manually installed the driver for this adapter on Win2003 within Virtual Machine 2007 hosted on Windows 7 because it was not auto noticed through the Add New Hardware Wizard. In addition, at the present, it noticed the adapter. following I had to manually Turn Wireless On in the Driver Properties from Device Manager and once all this thing completed I rebooted the machine. I checked the Driver Properties and the Wireless was Off. But even after doing this the device cannot start. And I am having error with code 10.

Re: Intel pro 3945ABG Network card not working in Virtual Machine running on Windows Server 2003 hosted on Windows 7

are you sure as you have installed perfect drivers in the machine? because see i don’t think there could be any other problem over here. In fact after installing the drivers everything will be fine thus just do that.

As far as drivers are concerned you should make sure you are installing the Driver is Netw5x32.sys and version 12.4.4.5, because i have noticed as this is consider to be the most recent one.

Re: Intel pro 3945ABG Network card not working in Virtual Machine running on Windows Server 2003 hosted on Windows 7

I am not that familiar with the Virtual Machine 2007 but is that same as Virtual PC 2007? But still when i was searching moreover to this a immediate search on Virtual PC 2007 shows that Windows Server 2003 is not a compatible operating system, so i would say this is just a one potential strike against you. along with that you should always be aware as the Virtual Machine does not get access to physical hardware. Thus in your case this is the wireless network controller.

well as far as virtual machine is concerned the settings must be stored not in a document, video, related directory but they could be found in operating System associated directory.

I'd like all virtual machine settings to be stock up near the microprocessor on a buffer. Read-only buffers are not obligatory since the machine has utilization and it would not be reprogrammed. EEPROM is helpful for house-hold customers who could modify the buffer for dissimilar Virtual Machine settings.

Once i was also having the same problem with the machine, but still i have gotten appropriate solution as well for the same. as It's in the settings for the VHD that would be a dissimilar file which is actually a settings file. Thus in the configuration settings or configuration file >> hardware settings, i remember considering two adapters, one for wired and one for wireless and there itself you’ll find a setting for keeping the wireless signal on. I hope this work as it was working in my case.

Once i was also having the same problem with the machine, but still i have gotten appropriate solution as well for the same. as It's in the settings for the VHD that would be a dissimilar file which is actually a settings file. Thus in the configuration settings or configuration file >> hardware settings, i remember considering two adapters, one for wired and one for wireless and there itself you’ll find a setting for keeping the wireless signal on. I hope this work as it was working in my case.
    You were right as there were some setting regarding the same in the VM itself. But still this options should be enabled by default otherwise a general user could not make out whether any such thing exist or not in fact. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.