Thread: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 connects slower after waking up from sleep mode

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 connects slower after waking up from sleep mode

HI, i am having Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 card installed in my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 running machine. but i have noticed as it works perfectly until and unless it just kept in the sleep mode. Because once I kept it in the sleep mode and when it wakes up it used to take more than usual time…don’t know why exactly. Any suggestion regarding resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 connects slower after waking up from sleep mode

Frankly, this is unforgivable. If it's an problem with the card, then screw Intel for making a crappy product. because when i was searching about the same i came to know that i am not the only user having problem with the card as there are so many users having same problem. And regardless of card if it's a difficulty with the drivers/software, then screw drivers supports as well.

Re: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 connects slower after waking up from sleep mode

HI, i am having Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 card installed in my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 running machine. but i have noticed as it works perfectly until and unless it just kept in the sleep mode. Because once I kept it in the sleep mode and when it wakes up it used to take more than usual time…don’t know why exactly. Any suggestion regarding resolving this will be appreciated.
    once I was also having the same problem in the machine, but lately i came to know that it is a problem with the driver that I have installed in the machine but still can you please let me know which drivers you have installed?

Because if I am not wrong driver version 14.1.1.3 consider to be the most recent version for the card you have installed, thus make sure whether you have installed this version and if not then you can try with the one that i have installed.

I think this is the problem because of the application called “PROset” installed in the machine, have you ever tried reinstalling them? If not then this is my recommendation. Along with that you can have another option as well like you can simply set the priority of your network card adapter card to the highest level. In fact I tried putting the 6300 adapter as top priority in the Advanced section of network adapters and everything works fine.

Frankly, this is unforgivable. If it's an problem with the card, then screw Intel for making a crappy product. because when I was searching about the same i came to know that i am not the only user having problem with the card as there are so many users having same problem. And regardless of card if it's a difficulty with the drivers/software, then screw drivers supports as well.
    No doubt, this is quite obvious this about to happened with such faulty product but still as an last hope you can have another option as well. You should try to configure the power management option in your machine. There could be surely some option in order to set some values for the device. In fact if you don’t know what you can configure over there then you can simply try with setting up the default setting.

See you may not believe this thing but still I have tried removing all Intel drivers. And along with that i have tried to make use of built in Windows 7 driver assuage this trouble. If not it come into view it's time for a new card.

- I was also looking for some sort of solution to this identical problem. I am having HP 8440w with the Intel 6300 Ultimate-N and I had been reading more than a few posts from other locality about SSID order, mainly non-broadcasting SSIDs, and 802.11N problems.

See i have mentioned what i have done over here, so that you can have better idea about the product and got it resolved.

First of all I moved my home SSID to the top of the list I have about 20 SSIDs keep in mind as this is my business laptop. and along with this I changed the "Preferred Band" to Value "2” and Prefer 2.4GHz band". I’m currently using this band on this AP. And once you done with this sleep to wake and the wireless adapter is attached as soon as I hit any button.