Thread: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection not working properly in Dell D620 laptop

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection not working properly in Dell D620 laptop

I am having a Dell D620 laptop and I am running Windows XP in the same and the problem that I am facing is that when I am connecting it with the WPA2-TKIP wireless network then it is losing the connection in between say between 10 to 15 minutes and because of this I have to disable/enable the wireless card and some time I have to do a reboot as well. Is there who has faced this type of problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection not working properly in Dell D620 laptop

I am having a Dell D620 laptop and I am running Windows XP in the same and the problem that I am facing is that when I am connecting it with the WPA2-TKIP wireless network then it is losing the connection in between say between 10 to 15 minutes and because of this I have to disable/enable the wireless card and some time I have to do a reboot as well. Is there who has faced this type of problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something I just want you to make sure that you are having the latest version of drivers and that too form the intel website but then if it is not helping then I will suggest you to make a check with other wireless network card and see if it is making any difference. Juts check it out and then let me know what you get.

Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection not working properly in Dell D620 laptop

Yes I am having the latest version of drivers and I have installed it from the Intel website only but then I don’t think that it is making any difference at all and other than this I have also tried to use the other network cards that I had got when I had bought the laptop and it is working fine with it, I think that the problem is. Only with the Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG network card. I have also tested it with a Linksys WRT54G and Linksys E1000 as well and I was having the same problem, I am quite sure that the problem is with the Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG only but then I am not able to find out the actual issue. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am having the exact problem with my Dell D830 and the Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG network card, I was not having the same problem before and it was working fine from a year but then the problem started after I installed windows xp sp3, I don’t know what exactly is the issue with the network card but then I have tried it out on different pc and I have found the below error lines to be common in the System event log:
    “The description for Event ID ( 5005 ) in Source ( NETw5x32 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: , \DEVICE\{9742720F-F9C3-4D6E-B42B-BD94DD0B9314}”
    Do you have an idea about this??

I was facing the same problem but then I tried out v14.2xx and the problem was solved, first I had used Revo Uninstaller to clear out the registry and after that I had installed the v14.2xx and later the problem was solved there was no drop down of network anymore. I had installed Wireless_14.2.0.10_x32.exe and this is for D830 but then I am not very sure if it is there for D620 as well but then you can find it out. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you as well. Best of luck.

Hey thanks to you for that I think that it has solve out my problem as well, I mean even I cleaned out the registry first and after that I had installed the Wireless_14.2.0.10_x32.exe and it has been 2 hours and I have not yet faced any drop down, previously I should notice 5 to 6 times of drop down within 2 hours and so but then I am not having the same case not and I think that the problem has been solved. I will tests it out for some more hours and will let you know if it has been really solved or not.

Things are not going well for me, I mean that even I tried to do the same, I have downloaded Wireless_14.2.0.10_x32.exe but then I have not yet installed it,I have uninstalled the WiFi Adaptor and I have also deleted the driver as well but then the problem here is that when I am running the Intel Wireless Software Too then it is not giving me the new driver and it is just installing the old drivers again and again, I don’t know what is the issue all about. Other than this I have also used REVO pro in order to uninstall the Intel drivers but then I am not getting any option to do so. I really want to solve this issue somehow please help!!

I will suggest you to try out the below method and make sure that you are doing the same step by steps:
    • Firstly install the full Intel driver + WiFi manager package
    • After that use revo uninstaller and then uninstall it completely
    • Then go in to the device manager and then uninstall the card from there as well
    • When you are done with all of the above then just reinstall the Intel driver only package

Just try it out and then let me know of you have any further problem, I think that this solution should probably solve the issue as it has been mentioned as working by a no of people.

I have solved it out finally, I don’t know which step I was missing before but then I am happy that I have fixed the issue now with you help. I don’t know how many solutions I have tried by now but then only your solution has been effective, I really appreciate your help.