Thread: how can i manually connect to WAN through huawei echolife hg532

how can i manually connect to WAN through huawei echolife hg532

HI, as the title implies I wanted to know as how can i manually configured the WAN connection? I am using Manual Dialing method for my PPPoE ADSL connection, with Huawei - EchoLife HG532b Stc Firmware as it is already mentioned in the title.

I would like to make use of Telnet command to connect and disconnect the WAN Connection. Because i believe as it will be further dependable to utilize those commands in Telnet Scription tools, like TST10 than utilizing browser configuration page. any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: how can i manually connect to WAN through huawei echolife hg532

I am not sure about the further router settings but still you should make sure as you are login with the “telnet 192.168.1.1” IP address, because though that you can simply manually configured all the WAN connection. Here you need to provide the ID and the password provided to you, and by using this IP address you can proceed further.

well, i have mentioned the basic setup that i have done and everything works fine with it and thus would suggest you to do the same thing.
    First of all you need to access the router via http://192.168.1.1 and input the default username and password. Once you completed with it you have to then click on Basic, then WAN in the left hand menu, and in the window select configured the following mentioned settings.
    Code:
    VPI = 0
    VC = 38
    Active = Yes
    Mode = Routing
    Encapsulation = PPPoA (PPP over ATM)
    Multiplex = VC
    Username =  as provided by your ISP
    Password = *as provided by your ISP
    Default Route = Enable
    NAT = Enable
    Obtain an IP Address Automatically = Green Dot (Enabled)
    IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway all = 0.0.0.0
    Connect on Demand: Max Idle Timeout = No green dot
    Nailed-Up Connection = Green dot (Enabled)
    TCP MSS for TT = 1392 For BT = 1418
    MTU For TT = 1432 For BT = 1458
    RIP = Disable

I am not sure about the further router settings but still you should make sure as you are login with the “telnet 192.168.1.1” IP address, because though that you can simply manually configured all the WAN connection. Here you need to provide the ID and the password provided to you, and by using this IP address you can proceed further.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but still the thing is like technical team from stc upgraded my firmware thus i don’t know the newer ID and password through which i could login with this IP address. Please let me know what could be this information, and from where can i get it ?

that’s quite awful but still can you please let me know which firmware version you have installed so that i could provide you the password and the user name for the same?

that’s quite awful but still can you please let me know which firmware version you have installed so that i could provide you the password and the user name for the same?
    I think the above user is completely unaware about this thing because as far as i know until and unless you change the password it remains the same by default no matter which version’s firmware you have installed. Anyways see i have mentioned the information though you can carry on.

IP Address:- 192.168.1.1

Default Username:- admin

Default password:- admin

But let me tell you as the this IP will be dynamic but still of you are expecting Set static IP or for DMZ for your router than you may have to contact your ISP.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but still the thing is like technical team from stc upgraded my firmware thus i don’t know the newer ID and password through which i could login with this IP address. Please let me know what could be this information, and from where can i get it ?
    I think it would be better if you simply contact the service center regarding the same and mentioned your firmware version and each and every detail they inquire. Because once you done this they could surely provide you your ID and password, and as you get the password you can simply ask you doubt to them as well regarding manually configuring the WAN connection. Because see this is also depend upon the firmware that you have installed, thus if this feature is available on the installed firmware then obviously you can do that, and be aware as the firmware version changes all the features and option used to get changed.

can anybody please mention the settings for wireless network as it seems like the above user has mentioned settings for the wired one. but still after getting the ID and password everything is fine but still needs settings for wireless. Thanks for the above suggestions.

Can anybody please mention the settings for wireless network as it seems like the above user has mentioned settings for the wired one. but still after getting the ID and password everything is fine but still needs settings for wireless. Thanks for the above suggestions.
    Yeah why not, see i have mentioned the settings for the wireless connection…so just carry on with this and see whether they are working or not, in my case they are fine.

Similarly as the wired access the router using http://192.168.1.1 and once again you have to click on Basic then Wireless Lan in the menu. Then set the following values as mentioned.

Access Point = Enable
    Channel ID = United Kingdom & Select a Channel or Auto
    SSID = The name of your network. Any name you like but make a note of it.
    Authentication Type = here you have to set the highest level of encryption your equipment can utilize, if possible WPA2, that your equipment will handle.

Pre-Shared Key = Your password make it a mixture on numbers and letters and make a note of it. You will need it and the SSID to connect other wireless devices to your network. And after that once you completed with it just click Submit and it is done.