Thread: Why computer keep restarting while using broadband ?

Why computer keep restarting while using broadband ?

Hey, I have been having problem with my computer whenever I am connected to broadband. This problem is coming since I last formated my pc. What exactly is the problem?

re: Why computer keep restarting while using broadband ?

It certainly is because of your internet connection. Sometimes active connection makes your computer restart / logged off pc to turn on. If you are running on Windows 7, there you have an option called "Wake on LAN" enabled. This enables your computer to start whenever your LAN/network cable becomes active.

It may be because of system failure or the operating system can be damaged from registry changes by spammers or spyware. Try an installing fresh operating system completely. But before that remove all the important data from the “My Document” . and all the data from system or C drive.

There can be 2 reasons for this:
    1. This may be because of faulty LAN card or modem, it will be beneficial for you if you contact technician and change that part.
    2. It can be the viral attack or Trojan that is attacking your computer, most of the times hackers root their Trojans into your pc when you unknowingly visit their website and when you visit the same site again your important information like passwords or bank account numbers are sent to the hacker. The only way to save your pc from hacker is installing good firewall or internet security solution.

I had the same problem, on my office pc. Eventually I found it later that it was wireless USB stick that was causing the rebooting problem. When I was not connected to my pc, it was all ok, but as soon as I used to connect it to modem problem would start again.
    Sometimes when sticks are plugged in they run fine, but after sometime they crash and cause the restart.