Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-12-2011

sad How To Put Child Lock In A Computer?

I have recently purchased a brand new computer with a good deal. But the problem is that I don?t know how to put a child lock in a computer..My son is 4 years old and he likes to play some interesting games on the internet. But sometimes while accessing the websites he types something else in the URL and some illegal site is shown.That?s the reason why I want to put the Child Lock In A Computer.
Does anyone here knows how to do that?
Old 29-12-2011

Re: How To Put Child Lock In A Computer?

This is not right that you are allowing an 4 years old child to access the internet without any parent sitting besides him. Normally, the authorized sites also contains some screen-savers and images that are not good for a child. Yes there are software programs available that would help you with the proper solution. You can restrict the user access level to access the Internet using various software. The NetDog is a one of the software which doesn't allow the user to access the illegal sites. But I would advice you that not to give him the access to the internet till someone elder is sitting with him?.
Thanks?
Old 29-12-2011

The best way is that you can set the administrator password to the admin account of your computer. Just follow these steps:-
Go to Start.
  • Click on Control Panel.
  • Click on User Accounts.
  • Select Admin Account.
  • Set Password.

This will set a new password to the computer and whenever your son will log in the computer will ask a password. Also you can give the limited rights to another user account. Create another user account and give limited access to that account. And don’t try to turn off the guest account.
Old 29-12-2011

sad Re: How To Put Child Lock In A Computer?

I have done this by setting the password to my computer for the admin account. But my brother still somehow managed to break that password and log in the computer. I want to know that isn?t there any other method that I can put the child lock. Does anyone here knows the solution for this problem??..Need Suggestions?..
Old 29-12-2011

I have also faced this problem. Try to set the password as the combination of the letters and symbols. Don?t put the password which is too easy such as somebody?s name. I am sure that when you will try with the difficult password it is not easy to access the computer?

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,