Thread: How to connect PS3 Media Player with other PCs

How to connect PS3 Media Player with other PCs

I want to ask that if there is some method so that PS3 Media Player can allow other computers to watch the movies over my network. I was searching for the method on the internet but was not getting any working one. So I am posting this over here with the hope that someone will tell me any good method for this.

Re: How to connect PS3 Media Player with other PCs

I think that you will just have to shows up as a uPnP device and when you do this then it will be possible for any of the windows machine to detect that in my computer but there is one condition that the uPnP discovery must be enabled. All you have to do is just to share the box running PS3MS within the similar folder which is to served as the PS3s. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

If you are using the hostname then that will not work. You will have to share the folder and then make use of the \\hostname\foldername. Now, just open the folder where you have stored the videos and after that select the video and select Include in my Library from the top. Once you do this then you will see that Windows media player will automatically play the videos. This is the only way by which you will be able to do this. Please try with this and et me know if that fails to work for you so that we can provide you some alternate solution for this problem.

I have enabled the uPnP discovery and this is getting detected in my case without any problem. So you will also have to do the same and I am sure that it will not be problem for you as well.

You will have to make the local connection with the media player and all the PC's where you wish to see the videos and once you are done with the networking properly then you can watch this.