Thread: is it possible to use wi-fi dongle to connect sony Bravia 40ex403 tv to internet via wireless hub.

is it possible to use wi-fi dongle to connect sony Bravia 40ex403 tv to internet via wireless hub.

I have Sony Bravia 40ex403 LCD at home. Is it possible to use wifi dongle to connect sony bravia 40ex403 tv to internet via wireless bluetooth hub?

Re: is it possible to use wi-fi dongle to connect sony Bravia 40ex403 tv to internet via wireless hub.

I had a wireless router that I wasn’t using. I downloaded some firmwares for it from DD-WRT. It works with a wide variety of routers and allows the router to be re-configured in a variety of modes. I set mine as a ” client bridge” which means it will link anything plugged into one off its hard-wired network ports to the wireless network.
    It takes a bit of fidding to upgrade the firmware and configure the device as a client bridge but all the instructions for that are on the DD-WRT site. It works well. I have the re-configured router plugged into my TV using the ethernet port on the TV and it is now part of the wireless network just the same as if I had put a dongle in the USB port.

Re: is it possible to use wi-fi dongle to connect sony Bravia 40ex403 tv to internet via wireless hub.

I managed to use the open:media ethernet wifi bridge to connect to my "Sony home cinema" to my wireless network.
    i did the folowing steps:
    1st installed set-up software from the website (wifibridge) on the laptop for my device.
    then i converted my wirelesss network encryption code to hexadecimal using an online converter
    entered this number into the device's set-up screen on the laptop.
    after this i was connected to my network and downloaded a sony software update for home cinema.
    Through this connection you can access BBC iPlayer etc.

I have a KDL-32ex403 and I bought a Vonets VAP11G wi-fi bridge.I installed it on the PC.Then i plugged it into the TV ethernet slot and usb port.Now i can use applications like BBC iPlayer , YouTube, LoveFilm, Demand5 etc.

I use the Vonets and it works fine. Just do the following:
    1.First connect it to the computer to set it up with the installation disc,
    2.It will prompt you to select your router from a list,now enter security code which is the wpa code on the back of bluetooth home hub 2. It will turn blue when it is set-up.
    3.remove it and connect to your tv, now go to set up on tv and select cable set up.

Hey, Vonets seemed to set up fine. I have tested it as a wireless pc connection to router, and all is OK now. However when plugged in to TV it wasn't picking up the network.
    Tried all the set up routines but no luck. Then I saw a long phone cable I have from one room to the other and connected the router to the tv and then Vonets to the router and re-ran the wired connection set up. That seemed to get everything in sync and then the Vonets worked on its own as intended.