Thread: Wireless networks detected but unable to connect to Wireless or LAN on laptop

Wireless networks detected but unable to connect to Wireless or LAN on laptop

I am having a bit problem with configuring wireless network on my HP laptop. It is detected in the system but I am unable to connect. The entire system freeze on connection. The same internet is working really nice on my desktop pc and there is no issue at all. I hope there will be some option available through which I can fix this. I want to share the internet due to which I configured wifi.

Re: Wireless networks detected but unable to connect to Wireless or LAN on laptop

I will recommend you to once again check the status of wireless network. If you have any other wifi devices just connect it to your internet. Wireless devices can be activated and deactivated via the Wireless Assistant. This tool is designed to control devices individually. It control the wireless LAN (WLAN) and Bluetooth. The wireless LAN device can be activated while the Bluetooth is turned off. So just go in the wireless assistant and see whether you are getting appropriate output or not.

Re: Wireless networks detected but unable to connect to Wireless or LAN on laptop

You said your hp laptop is unable to connect to the wifi. Are you getting any error on your screen or any other issue. You can find a bit more detail on your problem through Event Viewer. You can find that inside Administrative Tools. Just go in that and check for the latest error or problem detected. Post the complete error description here to get more proper working solution.

It can be a driver issue in the laptop. It looks the laptop is having a very old or outdated drivers. Updating the same can help in giving you a constant connectivity. For that just right click on My Computer and click on Properties. Go to Device Manager and right click on the wifi adapter. Choose update drivers. Follow the screen instructions. You can also visit the official website of your laptop manufacturer to get the latest version of the driver.

Resetting the wireless adapter may help. For that you have to disable it and enable it back again. If you are using Windows 7 then go in Network and Sharing center. At the top left side you can see manage network adapter. Click on that and choose the wireless adapter. Rightclick on that and choose disable. Then again right click and enable it. This will be quiet enough to make it work. This is the easiest way to fix the issue. If this does not work then try to check your router or modem.