Thread: Asus RTR-N12 repeater, error "failed to authenticate the WPA key, Please enter the WPA key again."

Asus RTR-N12 repeater, error "failed to authenticate the WPA key, Please enter the WPA key again."

Hi, i am having Asus RTR-N12 as a Repeater and when i was configuring the settings i come across my network signal and that’s was full, I choose it but while i put my password, it use to gives me an error saying it doesn't identify it. And was getting the below mentioned error.

"Failed to authenticate the WPA key. Please enter the WPA key again."

Please let me know how what could be the problem over here, any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Asus RTR-N12 repeater, error "failed to authenticate the WPA key, Please enter the WPA key again."

Are you sure as you were entering correct key while connecting to the network? Because it might be possible as there could be some problem just because you are entering wrong password.

Re: Asus RTR-N12 repeater, error "failed to authenticate the WPA key, Please enter the WPA key again."

Well, while configuring to network you should make sure about the following mentioned things.

• configure terminal - Enter global configuration mode.

• interface dot11radio { 0 | 1 } - Enter interface configuration mode

• ssid ssid-string - Create an SSID and enter SSID configuration mode

you should make sure whether all the information that i have mentioned that you are entering perfectly and then try again later.

I am not sure about this as i haven’t done it ever but still I have heard that for authenticating to such network we need to have software and Firmware Requirements for WPA, CCKM, CKIP, and WPA-TKIP.

And they are actually depending upon the operating system that we install in the machine, thus whenever you download any such software you should make sure whether they are compatible with the same.

you should always make sure as If you enable WPA for an SSID without a pre-shared key, the key management type is WPA by default. If you allow WPA with a pre-shared key, the key management type is WPA-PSK. Thus if you really wanted to know the further configuring setting for the WPA key then you should visit the product manufacturer’s official website for instructions on configuring a pre-shared key.

Have you ever contacted the ASUS support center for the same? Because I would like to recommend you that you should at least contact them and see what they are saying about the same. it might be possible as you could get some sort configuration information that could help you with the same.

If you have already made all the settings in the machine but still you are pursuing the same problem then i think there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the repeater.

According to me you should try to first make out that you have the user manual of the repeater that you have and by referring that you have to simply make sure how to reset the settings in your repeater. Because it might be possible like you must have done mess with the configuration and after resetting the repeater you can configure it very well.

I am not sure about the WPA but i had tried the WEP key. And with this key i First time managed to connect the repeater, but the asus couldn´t obtain the IP of the AP, resetted the asus, tried again, but couldn´t obtain it to connect again.

Maybe i´ll give up, give the router back, ask for the money and try an antenna…because really the thing is like there is some problem with the repeater that we are using, in fact the tech support is also a crap.

The only thing I got so far with this router was that i misplaced my network. I can no longer access my any directory distantly from my desktop. Can no longer access the folders from my ipad using air video server anymore.