Thread: mbam.exe infected by XP Security 2012

mbam.exe infected by XP Security 2012

As per title suggest that i used MalwareBytes antimalware software on my windows xp Professional. Now i found XP Security 2012 virus is being present on my system. I want to clean that virus because it already makes changes on my MBAM.exe file. Also i found that Firefox browser has been crashed and hence i think it also infected with such virus. Can anyone describe process to fix such issue?? Thanks.

Re: mbam.exe infected by XP Security 2012

In that case, you can first download and run OTL logfile. During this process, make sure that the file you downloaded is comes from proper site. Also confirm that all remaining windows closed on your system during this process. This is well for avoiding any confusion. During run this file, windows appears. Go to Standard Registry box and then select All. DO checkmark on beside LOP Check and Purity Check. Push scan button. After finishing this scanning, you caught two files on screen. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt are they two files. Move them into same OTL downloaded folder. It will work to clean such XP Security 2012 virus.

Download and run aswMBR.exe (1870KB) log file to your windows xp system. Then start scanning process on the command prompt. This is well for you to fix such a complicated issue. Finally click on Save log button that presents on this common prompt. With the help of this scanning avast software clean all the virus from your system. You found that the XP Security 2012 virus doesn't present on your system. This is well for you.

If you found that the MalwareBytes antimalware presnts on your system not able to clear this virus, then You need to update antimalware. you can perform a manual update of MBAM using mbam-rules.exe file. You can easily found it using search engine. Then download and run it for updating your malwareBytes antimalware software. It works to improve antimalware performance. In result of scanning you can easily clean this virus. Try it.

Download and run mbam-clean.exe from official site of the antimalware software. Then perform scanning process on it. I'm sure that latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware works to clean this virus. YOu can also choose third party site for this downloading process. If you found any problem, first uninstall antimalware. Reboot your system after that. Then perform this download and running process. I hope you got best result after this scanning process.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese-R View Post
    Download and run mbam-clean.exe from official site of the antimalware software. Then perform scanning process on it. I'm sure that latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware works to clean this virus. YOu can also choose third party site for this downloading process. If you found any problem, first uninstall antimalware. Reboot your system after that. Then perform this download and running process. I hope you got best result after this scanning process.
    YOu can also take help of the TDSkiller. Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from any proper source link. It helpful for you. Try this and check what happens on it. Kaspersky TDSSKiller is one of the antivirus software that works to remove such type of virus infected files. One disadvantage about it is it directly remove the virsu infected files. So, you need to perform reinstalling on it. DO this after cleaning all the virus via Kaspersky TDSSKiller. SPecially as per you mentioned you found virsu infection in firefox. If you use Kaspersky TDSSKiller, it remove firefox infected setup files. Hence after finishing it perform reinstalling of firefox browser on your system. This is also well for getting latest version of firefox after clearing virus.

If you already use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log file on your windows xp, then its good to take help of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software. Use it for doing virus removing process. Instead of doing scanning via third party applications its better to use inbuilt antimalware bytes. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is good to perform it but can be capable after updating process. 1.51.2.1300 is would be the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

By the way, such scanning process also work on common user account. Most of the time there is no need to use admin account. BUt its better to use administrator account for doing the virus removing process on your system. Check this things and locate its result. This admin is well for accessing the restricted files during such scanning task.