Thread: After removing XP antivirus 2012 Trojan few of the programs not working

After removing XP antivirus 2012 Trojan few of the programs not working

Hi, before some days my machine was infected through the Trojan and because of that i just run scan with the anti malware program and at that time I found that also all the malicious files were removed but still yesterday i have noticed as at the present none of my programs would like to open on computer. Gets a window asking me what program I desire to utilize to open whatever I clicked on and none of the choices work. Now I cannot exercise my browsers or anything else except the Microsoft word substance still works. Anyways any idea what could be the problem over here?

Re: After removing XP antivirus 2012 Trojan few of the programs not working

Ok you mean to say, the .EXE file association is broken in your machine PC isn’t it?

If so then I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK I have mentioned as they have mentioned very good solution for the broken file association.

I think it would be better if you simply follow the below mentioned steps for the same and see whether it helps you or not.

• Please download exeHelper to your desktop, you can simply download it from here.

• Once you get it downloaded double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.

• And as you do that you’ll be able to see black window, press any key to close once the fix is finished.

• Make sure to save the log.txt.

Though i am agree with the above user regarding the same but if suppose you are still getting the same problem then once you finished with the above procedure you should follow the below mentioned steps.

• you have to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once again and install it.

• Once complete, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Update tab and check for updates

• Once that is done, click on the Scanner tab and carry out a Quick Scan and eliminate any intimidation that are discovered and reboot if prompted.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still If none of the instructions mentioned above worked to entirely determine and resolved your issues then please do the following to receive free one-on-one expert assistance with cleaning your system. Because i think there could be some real problem in the machine which should be resolved.

Hey thanks guys, i would say excellent, I'm happy that it worked.

As I said, if you carry on to observe any symptoms of infection (counting Malwarebytes dying, something that infections will frequently do as they sometimes like to remove our files to prevent users from running us) then please look for help as described in my post so that one of our expert helpers can help you to eliminate these spiteful bugs once and for all.