Thread: error “Malwarebyte service terminated unexpectedly”

error “Malwarebyte service terminated unexpectedly”

Hi, i have installed malwarebyte before some days and everything were working fine but still yesterday i came across an error message saying "MBAM service terminated unexpectedly”.

Thus when i observed event log for further details i came to know that ," 16:16:49 Randy ERROR UtilityReadFile failed with error code 32”. Any idea what could be the problem over here ? any suggestion will be esteemed.

Re: error “Malwarebyte service terminated unexpectedly”

it seems like u must be using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewal..and if so then you'll require to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

It seems like you must have installed any other antivirus software as well in the machine, isn’t it? Because once I was also getting the same problem with the program and lately I become aware as it was the problem because of that another software only. Thus if suppose if you have installed any then you should first try to get it uninstall and then see whether you are having the same problem or not.

once I was also having the same problem with the machine and at that time i have done the following thing and that is what i would like to recommend you.

• First of all you need to download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.

• Once you run the downloaded file it will inquire to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very significant.

• After the computer reboots, for the time being disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.

Note: You will require to reactivate the program by means of the license you were sent by means of email if using the Pro version

• Once the installation gets completed Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done throughout installation and verify for updates.

• Reboot the computer again and confirm that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be necessary in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security program if you have installed any.

Ok. I Wasn't sure if the things going OK before or after the error prompt. Sounds like you got a broken rules.ref and deleting to re-download the new one would fix the issue.

Have you ever tried reinstalling the program in your machine? Because it might be possible as there could be some problem in the program that you have installed already.

Thus no need to suggest you anything but off course you must have gotten what you have do, thus do that first and then mentioned it over here whatever you are getting.

Thanks for the suggestion, and as you have mentioned I have carried out the steps outlined underneath, and it seemed to be successful for about a week, but however, today the similar trouble returned.