Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-12-2011

How to remove privacy.exe and Rogue Privacy Protection virus on windows XP

Want some help to remove Rogue Privacy Protection virus from my system. I had tried various steps to get rid of the same but it is not working. I have a Windows XP pc. I have a antivirus also, I am unsure how this virus get installed in my system. I hope there will be some option through which can remove it and restore the condition of my system as it was before.
Old 21-12-2011

Rog antivirus are really complicated to remove. They keep on adding new stuff in your system which is again a problematic situation. It is better you must backup your data. Boot your system in safe mode and scan with a good antivirus. There are ample of them available. You can try multiple version one by one. Don't go ahead with any manual process. It will be a bit complicated.
Old 22-12-2011

Re: How to remove privacy.exe and Rogue Privacy Protection virus on windows XP

My system has got this issue long back. I also accidentally installed a rogue antivirus. I tried various ways to remove it, but it keeps on coming back. Manual method takes long time and a number of time its files are left in the pc. This fake antivirus keeps on adding new things. So it becomes really hard to remove them. The best thing you can do is format your pc. Take your data backup and then go for it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,