Thread: How to remove Windows 7 Internet Security 2012 and ias.exe

How to remove Windows 7 Internet Security 2012 and ias.exe

I am having a Windows 7 pc. My system is infected with Windows 7 Internet Security 2012. I want some help to get rid of this problem. I am also having a problem with ias.exe. I cannot understand what should I do. My antivirus is just helpless here. I had tried many things to get rid of this issue but it is not working. Is there anyone who can help me to fix this problem.

Win 7 Internet Security 2012 is a rogue antivirus. You did a huge mistake installing this in your system. You must avoid this thing at all cost. It is very complicated to remove this thing manually and it will keep on spreading. The best thing you can do here is format your system. That's it. There is nothing much you can do. Till your system is working fine just backup your data first. And then go ahead with full backup. This is quiet important. Manual installation will not help you much. Still the virus file will remain active in the system.

There is a long process to remove this thing. First you will need a good process killer. Which can terminate all background processes. You have to run that in safe mode. Then you have to scan your pc with a anti-malware like Malwarebytes. You can download and install this in your pc. Just add the trial edition and then check back. If you are lucky then the antivirus would be able to clean your pc but if not then you have format your pc as mentioned above.

Re: How to remove Windows 7 Internet Security 2012 and ias.exe

When you find the [random]. Exe from the post about registry entries, find for that executable in the registry. It can be at many more entries in the registry beyond what is listed above. Also, in the task manager (taskmgr.exe), note down the command line for the exe (show command line column in task manager) and kill the process [random]. Exe. Then find the location of that exe and delete the file.

Now you are good to go.