Thread: CPU and memory utilization gets higher due to ping.exe

CPU and memory utilization gets higher due to ping.exe

HI, i am having problem with the machine as whenever the process i have mentioned in the title runs randomly it just utilizes the CPU and memory more than ever before. And the worst thing is like google keep getting redirected to any other website automatically. Any idea how should i fix the issue? Any idea ?

Re: CPU and memory utilization gets higher due to ping.exe

as far as i know this ping.exe is a file which was most probably on your computer the day you first obtained it. The actual hard drive folder is also listed below, always verify where its located on your hard drive, as this ensure it is not spyware, adware, or virus related and merely placed somewhere else on your computer, and by means of the similar name in an attempt to fool you.

I have heard that the file you have mentioned nearly appears at C:\WINDOWS\system32\ping.exem, thus if possible you should try to find out over there an you can simply remove it from there itself.

well, i have heard that If ping.exe is located in the folder “C:\Windows” then the security rating is 82% hazardous. File size is 311,296 bytes. There is no file information available regarding the file. The file is an unidentified file in the Windows folder.

keep in mind that even though many files are always in default file locations, some files can effortlessly be stirred to dissimilar locations or modify names like a lot of spyware, adware, or popup programs do. But still It is a Microsoft signed file, but Some malware camouflage themselves as ping.exe. anyways have you tried malwarebyte to scan the machine? if not then i would say you should at least try to scan the PC with this anti-malware remover and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If you are suspect, you have spyware or adware, make sure to observe if you observe similar names stored somewhere else. It always helps to verify your task list also to observe what is at present running on your computer. You can always view the task list on your computer by pressing ctrl-alt-del (from the task manager) and then click the "processes" tab. Thus whenever you get this process run over here you should “end process”.

see I am not sure what Virus is exactly running in your machine but still i have always tried combofix for removing tough viruses and i have found it pretty much working and thus will recommend you the same.

keep in mind that even though many files are always in default file locations, some files can effortlessly be stirred to dissimilar locations or modify names like a lot of spyware, adware, or popup programs do. But still It is a Microsoft signed file, but Some malware camouflage themselves as ping.exe. anyways have you tried malwarebyte to scan the machine? if not then i would say you should at least try to scan the PC with this anti-malware remover and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If you are suspect, you have spyware or adware, make sure to observe if you observe similar names stored somewhere else. It always helps to verify your task list also to observe what is at present running on your computer. You can always view the task list on your computer by pressing ctrl-alt-del (from the task manager) and then click the "processes" tab. Thus whenever you get this process run over here you should “end process”.
    I would say partially i have already thought about the same but still I don’t think this could be the permanent remover that could help me to remove the program or virus permanently. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.