Thread: Getting security alert while run Netsession_win.exe

Getting security alert while run Netsession_win.exe

I get the following Windows Security Alert:

Some parts of netsession are blocked by Windows Firewall on all public and private networks. Windows Firewall has off some elements of this program.
    Name: netsession_win.exe
    Publisher: unknown
    Path: C: \ users \ Marian \ AppData \ Akamai \ netsession.exe
    This progr. has been blocked or the lock has been removed for a different network location.

What is this and what should I do? i really not undertand this. so please help me for this.

Re: Getting security alert while run Netsession_win.exe

It seems to be no harm, but personally I would remove it. My estimate is that you do not need it. It is some video accelerator that "automatically" installed with certain programs to be.

In recent days, I have a firewall alert windows that blocks a program called Netsession_win. I have two processes running, which is called Netsession_win.exe. I searched on the net to see if this program was dangerous or not, but apart from Akamai and other information are contradictory, I find nothing about it. Other people seem to have the same problem. I have nothing installed on my pc for several weeks and no program called Akamai, which seems to be an accelerator for navigation.

Download the desktop RogueKiller. Leave all your programs. Right click on desktop RogueKiller -> run as administrator Otherwise, just sprint RogueKiller.exe. When prompted, type 2 and valid. A report (RKreport.txt) had to be created next to the executable, paste content in the response. If the program has been blocked, do not hesitate to try several times.

More and more are wondering what the file netsession_win.exe in the Task Manager does. Other widerum get a message through the firewall that this file has been blocked. Normally, these are not a virus. The file netsession_win.exe is a part of Akamai's Download Manager. This is used by many companies as a service for downloads. For example, Adobe, Akamai uses this service for some of its products as well as many game publishers.

It is not an independent Stoftware. Personally, I have deleted this file because it can not be used for personal purposes but only with other relevant programs. In my case, the Adobe products service uses and read easily find by clicking "Start / Control Panel / Remove Programs" . locate the following entry: Akamai NetSession Interface on "Uninstall or Remove" button. If no entry in the Control Panel can be found to remove the program even indirectly. On XP systems, the corresponding folder under c: / Program Files / Common Files / Akamai. The path for other systems may differ. It is best to use the search function of the operating system and "Akamai" here. Akamai in the folder that contains the file "AdminTool.exe" can be removed with the tool.