Thread: scanning option disappeared after sudden right click of mouse in malwarebytes

scanning option disappeared after sudden right click of mouse in malwarebytes

i was making use of the Avast 6.0.1289 full version with malwarebytes and at the time of scanning an individual folder i was suppose to appear a scanning option when i used to right click. but i am not able to see the option of scanning. it has disappeared . what will be the actual reason behind this. please help me in this issue as i am unable to scan files and there are viruses encountering on my system .

re: scanning option disappeared after sudden right click of mouse in malwarebytes

there are some settings missing on your system which are posing problems on your system. the possible reason behind this could be that you may have turned off the right click option at the time of modifying your settings. you can simply check the settings to enable it.

re: scanning option disappeared after sudden right click of mouse in malwarebytes

to enable the option of right click and to scan you should click the Settings tab and then in the General Settings tab put a check mark besides the option of "Create right click context menu." you can scan an individual folder or file by right clicking , when you enable this option,..

The settings are present in the Malwarebytes Program.
    1. try to open the Malwarebytes
    2. Settings Tab will appear . Click on it.
    3. Click on General Settings which will appear In the settings tab
    4. in Create right click context menu, ensure of a proper check mark .

restart the system after you have made this change.

i would like to say in this case that, if the box was preciously checked, then remove the mark and then once more mark it. in this way it will be activated.

there was no effect after solving the steps which you mentioned . even after restart. there is a similar thing with avast. could you suggest some other remedies for the same.

yes, there are some other solutions to try with.

make a creation of an Autoruns Log:
    Please download Sysinternals Autoruns and then make a save of it on your desktop.
    If you also require to do teh below mentioned process if you arer making use of Windows Vista or Windows 7
    select Properties after you Right-click on Autoruns.exe Compatibility tab will appear. Click on it.
    check the box which will appear besides the' Run this program as an administrator' Under Privilege Level.
    Apply the settings and then click OK

1. to run Autoruns.exe, Double-click on it.
    2. press the Esc key on your keyboard after its starts
    3. scanning will be stopped after some interval . click on the Options button present at the top of the program and choose Verify Code Signatures so that it is checked
    4. uncheck Hide Windows Entries after clicking on the Options button twice.
    5. start the scan again by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard
    6. on the lower left of the program window it will say Ready. click on the File button present at the top of the program and choose Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and afterward have a close of the Autoruns.
    7. after hovering the mouse over Send To, choose the Compressed (zipped) Folder after right click ing on the Autoruns.arn file
    8. to your next reply make a Attach of the Autoruns.zip folder

it resolved my problem and there is no such thing happening again. thanks for the reply. there was a easy download of Autoruns.exe and it worked well in my case.

Re: scanning option disappeared after sudden right click of mouse in malwarebytes

if the problem persist try with the below mentioned process.
    make a sownload of ShellExView v1.41
    after selecting "Extract All", .the Extraction Wizard will prompt
    "Files will be extracted to this directory" text box will appear after inputting "C:\ShellExView
    click Finnish after thsi.
    for scaning the registry for all the shell extensions try by opening the "C:\ShellExView" folder and then buy a double-click on the "shexview.exe" file. .
    press "Ctrl" in the keyboard if you choose all the non-Microsoft extensions
    click Yes. after you made a click on the "Disable Selected Items" present in the toolbar
    have a restart of your system.