Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-12-2011

Preinstalled WinPcap Program in my PC

I found that the WinPcap program is installed in my computer. I have not installed that on my computer. This is coming automatically on mu computer. I found that this is there in the program list of my computer. I am totally unaware that what is this and how it comes to my computer. So I am posting it over here. I will be really thankful to all the users if you can help me to understand this. So I request all to post some information on this so that it will be helpful for me.
Old 20-12-2011

re: Preinstalled WinPcap Program in my PC

I would like to tell you that the WinPcap that you are talking about is not the malware. This is just the libpcap library of the Windows version. It is having the driver for supporting the capturing packets. So just don?t worry about that. You can search for this on wikipedia to get more information about that so that you can have better idea of that.
Old 20-12-2011

WinPcap is a freeware distributed library , consisting of a driver , the hardware-level access to the network card and a collection of programs that convenient access to relevant networks for the individual layers of the OSI model. WinPcap is a program that is easy to use and the great advantage of this is that it is free. Although this is in English, this causes no major problems in its operation and this is very simple to understand because its single interface specifies how the program should be used. With this application, all problems are over, like the inability to generate effective control of data traffic on a computer. WinPcap is now possible for the network to control and to reduce the problems that are created.
Old 20-12-2011

WinPcap is not the malware. This comes with some of the installer and normally the user get warning about that at the time of installation on screen. This is normal for all the system and you need not to worry about that.
Old 22-12-2011

Re: Preinstalled WinPcap Program in my PC

WinPcap is not just running in your computer. There are many of the users who are running this in their PC. But don't worry as that will not cause problem to your computer. Just do a deep search in google for this and you will get more detail about this.
Old 24-12-2011

Re: Preinstalled WinPcap Program in my PC

Thank you so much all for the replies. Actually this is the first time I am getting something like this and so was a bit worried. Anyways. Thank you for the replies.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,