Thread: Avast warning for Rootkit hidden filefloppy sys

Avast warning for Rootkit hidden filefloppy sys

I am using the Avast antivirus in my computer and there is one problem with this that I am facing. It is warning me that there is Rootkit: hidden folder and I need to delete that. So I selected yes and I don’t know if it deleted that or not. But after about 10 minutes of use It again showed me the same thing and this time I selected ignore it. I did a scan of the system by right click feature and it comes up as clean. I am wondering that if this is the false positive. So I am posting it over here. If you know anything about this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Avast warning for Rootkit hidden filefloppy sys

When you updated the virus definition that you are using? I think that the antivirus that you are using is outdated and for that reason you are facing this problem. So my suggestion to you is to update the antivirus that you are using to the latest version available. Once you are completed with the update then rescan your computer and delete or heal the infected file. I hope that doing this will solve the problem that you are facing with this.

If after updating also, it is showing you the same thing then it might be because of some system problem. Have you tried to do the restore of the system. If there is something wrong with the system then also it might create problem for you. So what you can do is just do the system restore and see what it can do for you. So the restore of the system to the date when that was working without any problem. I am not very sure about this but there are still many chances that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zared View Post
    When you updated the virus definition that you are using? I think that the antivirus that you are using is outdated and for that reason you are facing this problem. So my suggestion to you is to update the antivirus that you are using to the latest version available. Once you are completed with the update then rescan your computer and delete or heal the infected file. I hope that doing this will solve the problem that you are facing with this.
    Thank you so much for your reply but I am already using the updated antivirus and so this is not the solution to this issue and restoring, I will try it in the end if none other other solutions help me.

I think that you are doing the quick scan of your system and for that reason this antivirus is not able detect the thread. So what you can do is, just do the complete scan of the system and see if that can solve the problem for you or not.

Anyways, I finally changed the security software of my computer and now I am using Avira and that is working just great. Bot showing me any problem and my system is also running well.