Thread: How to configure Belkin ADSL2+?

How to configure Belkin ADSL2+?

Recently I bought a new Belkin ADSL2+ Modem and I want to configure it. I have read the manuals and did according but I am very new so I think I am not able to understand the technical terms of manual. So if you have any idea about those so please tell me step by step?

Re: How to configure Belkin ADSL2+?

Here you haven’t mention about configuration of system but the requirement for setting up Belkin ADSL2+ Modem is Broadband Ethernet Internet connection with RJ45 connectivity. Your system should have 1.8GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 100MB of disc space, any operating system ahead of windows XP, should have, if not latest then at least second on the list, explorer and Installed network interface card and TCP/IP networking protocol.
    If these configurations are having with you then you must read the manual for further help, you will definitely able to access the internet.

The configuration need by this modem, hope you are having because very basic configuration is the requirement, mostly system is having those things. Let’s go ahead with the steps to configure the modem. Make sure your router is nearby with your modem in an open environment and no magnetic element or hard metal elements are nearby.

• First do all the basics connectivity of wire, like system wire, Ethernet wire and electrical wire.
    • Now insert the CD and follow the instruction till the installation is finished.
    • After the installation it will ask for the network name and password which is given at the bottom of your router.
    • Once you provide the username and password, installation will be progress and display success message on your board after finishing.
    • In between it may ask username and password provided by your ISP and you need to put that and later you can change it.
    These are the basic steps and you are ready to go.

Put your router and modem together and push one wire from Ethernet to modem and from modem to router and from router to your system. Plug the electric wire into the slot of modem and start the system. Now system will detect new hardware found and need o install driver for the same. Insert the CD and locate the search to the CD drive and it automatically install the driver and whenever necessary, will ask for the username and password. Just check whether it is asking for router username and password or ISP username and password. Provide it need and you will get confirmation for successful installation.