Thread: What to do Avast Free Version 6.0.1367 just found trojan

What to do Avast Free Version 6.0.1367 just found trojan

As I’m using the Avast Free Version 6.0.1367 antivirus and when scanning to the computer what It is found is the computer is infercted with the Trojan virus. So I would like to know what should I do to remove the Trojan as I thought that avast had already removed the Trojan virus when scanned again I see it detects the virus but is not able to remove it from the computer.

Re: What to do Avast Free Version 6.0.1367 just found trojan

I would like to know when did you install the avast antivirus Free Version 6.0.1367. and also like to know in detail which type of Trojan virus it showed and is located in which file. Whether it is in any of the system file or is in other file. If you elaborate about the information then it would be useful to me to provide with the particular solution on this issue.

For this I would like to say that I installed the antivirus just past month and whenever I scanned the computer it showed me the Trojan virus and I thought that particular file was deleted or moved but it showed me the same message whenever and I scanned it for.

Here are some of the details regarding the Trojan virus I got it while scanning the computer.

Virus: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen5
    Date discovered: 25/11/2011
    Type: Trojan
    In the wild: Yes
    Reported Infections: Low
    Distribution Potential: Low
    Damage Potential: Low
    Static file: No
    Special detection TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen5

Have you tried manually removing from that particular folder, as it is not able to remove the file through scanning. If you have not tried doing this then go to that particular folder and if the file is not important to you try removing it from that folder or it may infect to other files.

Avats found out the Trojan virus in this particular folder

file://c:\Documents and Settings\mainuser\LocalSettings\Application Data\usrPathmon\usrcrtTime.dll

I tried removing the usrPathmon folder manually as it was infected with the virus but what I saw is that the same name folder was again created last night. So I’m not getting what should I do for removing the Trojan antivirus forever from my computer.

See if you are having issue of the Trojan antivirus present in your PC then according to me first you should try and get the update of the antivirus and after this again scan for the Trojan virus and see that is it able to remove the Trojan virus or not. As after the update it should be able to remove the Trojan virus or not.

Even I have the same issue, while surfing the net what I saw is that the Trojan virus was detected in the computer and was not able to remove it and there was folder created in to my PC which was not able to remove and when I tried deleting it showed me the access denied. So is there any other way from where can I remove the Trojan virus affected folder.

I think the avast trial version which you are trying about may be expired or out of date. Due to this your avast antivirus is not able to remove the Trojan virus from the PC. So if you want to remove the Trojan virus from your PC then I will recommend you to buy the license version of the avast as doing this will help you to remove Trojan from the computer. So it better to buy the license copy rather than trying with the trial version.

Why don’t you try removing the virus through online scanning or try to use some other antivirus and try doing the same. As there are many other antaviruses available through which you can easily remove the Trojan virus from the computer.

Trojan virus are one of the dangerous virus which badly infect the file and it should be removed immediately, but as if your antivirus is not able to remove the Trojan then you should try to email the details to the avast, doing this which I guess will help you a lot. Because earlier I had the same problem in spite of vigorous scan the antivirus was able to detect the virus but did not remove it. So I just mailed to the avast guys regarding the issue and they replied me with the solution for this and after which doing the same was able to remove the virus from the computer.