Thread: Avast is not able to check email when set to ssl inside thunderbird

Avast is not able to check email when set to ssl inside thunderbird

I am running windows xp on my machine and I am having avast as well and the problem that I am facing is that the avast is not able to check the emails when It is set to the ssl inside thrunderbird.I have tried out changing the settings as well but then it is giving me a thunderbird error. I am currently ignoring the issue by leaving it to ssl in thunderbird because if I change it then it won’t work. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well, any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Avast is not able to check email when set to ssl inside thunderbird

I am running windows xp on my machine and I am having avast as well and the problem that I am facing is that the avast is not able to check the emails when It is set to the ssl inside thrunderbird.I have tried out changing the settings as well but then it is giving me a thunderbird error. I am currently ignoring the issue by leaving it to ssl in thunderbird because if I change it then it won’t work. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well, any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I am aware of that but then I will suggest you to go in to the Security settings for outgoing and incoming and after that just set it to none in the thunderbird and after that reboot the machine and then see if it is making any difference. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping or not.

Hey I have tried the same and I have also set it to the none and the problem appears to be solved but then I have found that the password was being sent insecurely and I don’t want it so, Is there any method that I can try out to secure the password to be at the safer side. Any further help will be appreciated.

I will like to add that the password is not sending your password insecurely and as far as I know the email information is just is sent to the avast free of SSL/security in order to scan it. I also wanted to share that the avast Mail Shield actually maintain the secure connection as well as your password and id in order to send or receive the emails.

I am not very sure as I have not tried it out myself but then I think that you can at least give it a try and check it out. Just check out under the mail shield settings there will be SSL Accounts and there will be your accounts which you would have added to the avast and I think that it will help you out, I mean that it will provide you the security thing. I also wanted to share that you might be also able to see the emails being scanned in the mail shield traffic graph as well. Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to secure your password or not.

I am really thankful to you for that, I also wanted to know that when I am going in to the avast ssl accounts then I am finding the following entries:
    • Imap
    • Smtp
    • Again Imap
    • Again smtp

Actually I am having 5 gmail accounts and they all are imp so is there a need to add few more or not? Any further help will be appreciated.

I actually do not use gmail so I am not having much idea about it but then I will check it out for the same and will let you know if I get an answer for your question.