Thread: Malware on boot-scan in windows xp 32 bit

Malware on boot-scan in windows xp 32 bit

I am having a old pc(Dell E310) which was running on win xp and I have recently made s system restore and after that I had installed malware bytes and I have made a full scan and it had found some infections and had removed them as well but then to be at the safer side I had also installed Avast and made a full scan again and after that there were no infection but since after then I have started facing some problems. I mean that when I am doing a boot scan then I am got a message saying that a infections was found and after deleting the same I again got a error message saying Delete: Error 42111. I have tried moving it to the chest and I have tried repairing it as well but then it is not helping me out and I am getting the same after every boot scan, for now I am just ignoring it but then I want to solve it out. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Malware on boot-scan in windows xp 32 bit

Your problem seems to be weird, I just wanted to know what messages you are getting exactly, just post them here so I can take a look and try to help you further with the same.

This is the first message that I get:

File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP2\A0000086.rbf|>Data1.cab|>ElShowSpyAbout.exe|>[UPX] is infected by Win32.:Malware-gen

And after I delete the same then I get this message:

Delete: Error 42111 {The operation is not supported for this type of archive.}

After this I am not able to move it or repair it, just check it out and then let me know if you could help. Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to know if “ElShowSpyAbout.exe” is related to program or something an if you are aware of the same because I don’t think that it is some kind of virus as it is residing in the system restore. If this restore point is not in use to you than I will suggest you to delete the same and then create it again and then see if it is making any difference. Just check it out and then let me know if it works or not.

I am thankful to you for that but then I had tried to get back my computer to the factory setting and I think that doing a pc restore does the same and as far as the ElShowSpyAbout.exe is concerned I am not really not aware of it, you can say that it is there without my knowledge. The other thing that I wanted to say is that I will check out the restore point if it is useful to me or not and will let you know as well. Thanks for your help so far.

I will like to inform you that if you will not use a restore point and if you will use a recovery partition or recovery CD then it will be better and your computer will be as the day you had bought it, So if it is possible then try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

I will like to inform you that if you will not use a restore point and if you will use a recovery partition or recovery CD then it will be better and your computer will be as the day you had bought it, So if it is possible then try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.
    As far as I know even after the pc restore my pc should be like the day I had bought it. I don’t have any problem in reinstalling the os and doing wiping everything as well but then the problem here is that I am not having a recovery cd to do that, I am just having the Windows XP cd which again is not bootable, so is there anything that I can try out now or I will have to order the recovery cd from DELL. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to check out if there is a recovery partition on the disk and if it is there than you can perform the recovery process by tapping the F11 key under start up. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.