Thread: Avast is not removing ping.exe but it is just blocking it.

Avast is not removing ping.exe but it is just blocking it.

I am running windows vista and I am having Avast as well and yesterday in a scan avast had found vista internet security 2012 virus but then It was able to fix it somehow using the malwarebytes and everything was working fine. Today avast had found ping.exe but then it is not deleting it and I am also not able to move it to the chest and it has just blocked it for the moment. I have also tried to use the malwarebytes here as well but then it is not even detecting it. Is there anyone who can help me to fix it out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Avast is not removing ping.exe but it is just blocking it.

I am running windows vista and I am having Avast as well and yesterday in a scan avast had found vista internet security 2012 virus but then It was able to fix it somehow using the malwarebytes and everything was working fine. Today avast had found ping.exe but then it is not deleting it and I am also not able to move it to the chest and it has just blocked it for the moment. I have also tried to use the malwarebytes here as well but then it is not even detecting it. Is there anyone who can help me to fix it out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    It is really weird if the malwarebytes is not able to detect it, I mean that I have been using the same and it has always detected all the infections in my machine, I have crossed checked it out by using another antiviruses as well but it has never led me down. I just wanted to know if you are having the latest database for the malwrebytes if not then I will suggest you to update the database of malwarebytes and do a scan again and see if you it is detecting it or not?

I will suggest you to perform the following:
    • First Open the FireFox and then click on Tools > Options and then Click on the Advanced button and then click on the Network tab.
    • After that go in to the connections section and then click the Settings button and then Check mark the No “Proxy” option and then click on OK.
    • When you are done with the same then just download the ComboFix and then run a full scan and then let me know what you get.

Ok I have now installed the combofix but then now I am running in to an internet problem, actually I am not able to connect because of the Dhcp client tool thing and when I am trying to start the dhcp. Then it is giving me an error 1075. I have also found that the afd.sys is missing from system32. I don’t know what to do now, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should try out the below workaround:
    • First go to the start and then click on run and then type “eventvwr.msc” without the space and after that you will get an event viewer.
    • Now just check out in the application and the System and see if you are able to find out the last two days errors, they should be highlighted with read color.
    • When you get then just double click on them and then copy them one by one in the notepad and then post the same here.

Just perform the above steps for further help.

You can also try to perform this solution:
    First open the OTL and while doing this make sure that you are not running any other program with it.
    When you will get the window then click on the none and then proceed further and then just paste the following under the Custom Scans/Fixes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AFD /s
    /md5start
    afd.*
    /md5stop
    After that just run the scan and make sure that you are not changing any settings and after the scan is completed then just copy it in a notepad file and then send the same as personal message to me.

Ok I have done the same, I have checked it out again but then the afd is still missing under the non play and device in th4e device management. I have also tried to add the above commands that you specified in your post but then I am not able to do so. I have sent you the log files just check it out and then let me know if you can help me out.

I have gone through the log file that you have sent but then I am not able to read everything out, hope you have not any kind of encoding. I will suggest you to try it out again. In order to avoid the text problem I will suggest you to copy the log files in to notepad and then in to a usb device and after that copy the file in to the OTL and use the same setting that I have provided you. Other than this also provide me the combofix log as well

Hey bhuvana21 I have repeated the whole process again and I have sent you the new logs as well, I have also checked out the files as well and I have not made any encoding and all. Just check it out and please help me as well.