Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-12-2011

Is sfloppy.sys a rootkit ?

HI, i have a PC running windows 7 and in which i have installed avira antivirus. From the last definition update, i have noticed as avast report me an alarm telling me that sfloppy.sys is a rookit and that I need to eradicate it. I have read this file is a Wiondws system file and is necessary to the system. So i am just stumped over here. Because i am not sure what is happening over here, whether this file is a root kit or what? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
Old 17-12-2011

Re: Is sfloppy.sys a rootkit ?

I would say no, this is not a root kit. I am not that much sure about the process but i have heard that The process SCSI Floppy Driver belongs to the software Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
I would say no, this is not a root kit. I am not that much sure about the process but i have heard that The process SCSI Floppy Driver belongs to the software Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Well i would say, it might be truthful like this file should not be virus but still a number of malware disguise themselves as Sfloppy.sys, primarily if they are situated in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 directory. Thus you should ensure the Sfloppy.sys process on your pc whether it is nuisance.
Old 17-12-2011

It would be better if you simply run a system registry cleaning in your machine and see whether your antivirus gets it detected or not.
Old 17-12-2011

whilst i was having this trouble with this file only i was also thinking about the same as this should be some virus but lately i came to know that the file Sfloppy.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Thus it should be something related to the drivers only.

Thus after searching about the same i became aware as the driver can be ongoing or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by any additional programs. File Sfloppy.sys is a reliable file from Microsoft thus don?t be anxious about the virus detection or something?if you look at the security rating for this file you can see they have mentioned it 0% dangerous.
Old 18-12-2011

I would like to recommend you that you should at least have a glance over this thread so that you can have better idea about the file error you are having currently in your machine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,