Thread: False positive detected sfloppy.sys in avira antivirus

False positive detected sfloppy.sys in avira antivirus

Hi, i have in installed this avira antivirus in my machine, and it has a feature called false positive which notifies the problems in the machine. thus with regards to that only it has detected the sfloppy.sysin. as i haven’t ever gotten any such thing ever before thus i am not sure what is it actually? Any suggestion regarding the same or simply for resolving this will be appreciated.

re: False positive detected sfloppy.sys in avira antivirus

yup when i was having the problem with this file only and from the internet only i came to know that the file Sfloppy.sys is located in the folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 11,392 bytes (91% of all occurrence), 10,496 bytes.

The driver can be ongoing or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. In other words this could be define as a Windows core system file. The program has no noticeable window. File Sfloppy.sys is a trustworthy file from Microsoft thus don’t worry about the virus detection or something. The application is not active. There is no detailed description of this service yet moreover to this. Sfloppy.sys seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 0% hazardous.

as mentioned above you should make sure whether the drivers that you have installed is working perfectly or not in your machine because this is actually regarding the drivers only.

I am completely agree with the above user, but if suppose your Windows cannot open certain file types then you have a omitted file association in your Windows registry which can be fixed promptly with a powerful registry cleaning software like Registry Booster or somewhat like that.

and if suppose you are noticing as your computer running slower and less steady than it used to be, then you may have more serious registry problems. Thus it would be better to make use of any such registry cleaner for the same

I am completely agree with the above user, but if suppose your Windows cannot open certain file types then you have a omitted file association in your Windows registry which can be fixed promptly with a powerful registry cleaning software like Registry Booster or somewhat like that.

and if suppose you are noticing as your computer running slower and less steady than it used to be, then you may have more serious registry problems. Thus it would be better to make use of any such registry cleaner for the same.
    Ok that means i can say that this should not be any virus isn’t it? Actually the thing is like i am not that aware about such programs and i have almost never ever seen such things detected with the antivirus. But still is this facility provided in almost all the antivirus software? Because i really liked it.

Ok that means i can say that this should not be any virus isn’t it? Actually the thing is like i am not that aware about such programs and i have almost never ever seen such things detected with the antivirus. But still is this facility provided in almost all the antivirus software? Because i really liked it.
    See this is correct like this file should not be virus but some malware disguise themselves as Sfloppy.sys, mainly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus make sure the Sfloppy.sys procedure on your pc whether it is nuisance. i suggest Security Task Manager for confirming your computer's security. As i don’t know whether you aware about the same or not but It was one of the Top Download Picks of The Washington Post and PC World.

Re: False positive detected sfloppy.sys in avira antivirus

Yeah off course almost all the antivirus used to give such notification as it just depends on the antivirus.

See you can see the image below as you can see the prompts that you can have with the antiviruses.