Thread: Latest update of the Avast has blocked all means of internet access.

Latest update of the Avast has blocked all means of internet access.

I am running windows 7 on my machine and I am using avast and everything was working fine by now but yesterday I had updated the avast and the problem that I have noticed now is that all means of internet access like the internet explorer, firefox in my case are not working any more. The problem is only when avast is enabled, I mean that when I am disabling it then I am able to acess the internet without any problem but then when it is enable then I am not able to access the internet, I am also having ZoneAlarm Firewall. Is there anyone who has faced the same and is aware of the workaround and can help me out. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Latest update of the Avast has blocked all means of internet access.

I am running windows 7 on my machine and I am using avast and everything was working fine by now but yesterday I had updated the avast and the problem that I have noticed now is that all means of internet access like the internet explorer, firefox in my case are not working any more. The problem is only when avast is enabled, I mean that when I am disabling it then I am able to acess the internet without any problem but then when it is enable then I am not able to access the internet, I am also having ZoneAlarm Firewall. Is there anyone who has faced the same and is aware of the workaround and can help me out. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that the ZoneAlarm Firewall might be the culprit, as far as I know Avast acts like a proxy and it lies between the other software and the internet so here the ZoneAlarm Firewall might be stopping the Avast to do so and that it why you are not able to connect to the internet.I will suggest you to just go to the Zonealarm rules list and then delete if there is any rule that you suspect might be related to the avast and after that try to reconnect to the internet again and then see if it is making any difference or not. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Even I am having a problem after updating the avast but then it is opposite from your case, it is that I am not able to use the internet but then the avast itself is not working, I have tried to register it again using the license key but then when I try to do the same then I am getting a message saying " No Valid License Content Found" I am not getting what exactly is the problem. Is there anyone who can help me out with it??

Even I was having the same problem with the ZoneAlarm and the latest update of the avast but then here when I when I disabled the shields of the avast then I was able to access the internet without any problem but then when I used to enable them then I was not able to access the internet and it appeared as if I have been blocked but then I have solved the problem by shutting down the ZoneAlarm and after that the problem seems to be solved as I am now able to access the internet without any further problem, I will suggest you to do the same and see if the problem is solved or not. I think the problem should be solved by the same as you are having the same case as that of me.Best of luck.

Hey guys I am really thankful to you all for your help, I was having the same case and now I have disabled the disabled the shields of the avast and now even I am able to access the internet without any problem, I am happy that I have finally solved the issue with your help. Thanks to you all once again.