Thread: Folder named LP keeps appearing again and again inside Program Files

Folder named LP keeps appearing again and again inside Program Files

There is something suspicious going on in my system. I had used a chat client with smiley support. Later on I keep getting tons of popups. So I removed them properly. On reboot I can see again a folder name LP in the system. Even after manually deleting this folder it appears again. Is this a virus. I had also noticed some process in Task Manager consuming too high cpu. I am not able to figure how this is happening. I am using Symantec Anti Virus. On scan the antivirus does not pops out any kind of warning. I had modified the settings of Firefox and Internet Explorer also and set the same on safe surfing. I had checked my antivirus quarantine and found a Trojan in that. So my doubt is that virus spreads from quarantine. I am not aware about the new one. Should I delete this thing from quarantine and will that fix the issue out. Thanks.

Re: Folder named LP keeps appearing again and again inside Program Files

There is a easy way to locate the process behind the folder creating. This are usually virus or some kind of toolbar or net utilities which runs in the background whenever you connect to internet. They create the folder to install files in them. Check that your browsers do not have any addons similar to that or any kind of online gaming utility. If it is a virus then the folder extension might be .exe type. If you double click on that, it will spread to every folder. Download Hijackthis tool. Scan your system with it. This tool will generate a log file in the end. Read the log file properly and check the location of each process running. It can also be in the registry of Windows. For start you can perform a quick scan on safe mode and then check back.

This looks a issue of malware in your system. Malware are kind of infection which basically remain in system for longer time. They try to redirect your web page or send unnecessary popups. There are some easy to use tool that can help you out. Download and run Malwarebytes AntiMalware.

There is a tool called DDS which generates a much better report than Hijakthis. I will advice you to download run this small tool and check the log files then. This is usually a issue of malware. There might be some kind of startup process which is engaged with it. Try msconfig in run box of Windows and check properly inside the same. Remove ticks from all those programs which you are not aware about. Remember there are drivers also here so better to check the location first. There are tool like Windows registry repair. They can fix the issue out. Download and install any easy to use registry repair tool. Hijack this also has a registry fix tool that can be used to fix the corrupt register which are corrupted by virus.

This is really a issue which I had also faced and really very annoyed with the same. The only thing that fixed the issue out is re-installing windows.

Running system restore can fix the issue for sometime. But if the virus issue occurs then you might need to go for low level scanning. This might consume more time but it is quiet beneficial. There is a also a risk by running system restore, as it can restore the old virus also. The one which is in your quarantine. So you must be aware before performing the same. Try to boot in safe mode first and run a full system scan. That will surely fix the issue out.

In my views do not delete the antivirus from quarantine. Let it be there. The virus will not spread. What you have to do is to keep your antivirus upto date. That is the best way to stay away from infections. Second thing do not install any tool bar or any kind of software which access your internet. This is really a risky stuff. Because this tools consist malware and other virus which infects your system. At the time the infection are slow and regular updates and scanning keeps it secure. But ignorance can cost you.

Automatic folder creation is done by some virus and also by some application. Especially those online gaming stuff. They create a temp folder where they store the user data.