Thread: How to fix Windows Vista after facing Spyware infection

How to fix Windows Vista after facing Spyware infection

I faced spyware infection in my system recently. I am using Windows Vista. After running a scan there were more than 100 errors appeared. I also find my system has gone super slow. Is there a way by which I can fix the same with one click.

Re: How to fix Windows Vista after facing Spyware infection

What too you had used for the same. Download Hijack this and scan. Click on fix errors below. Remember this tools are not so perfect for the issue. They just provide some housekeeping stuff. All you want to is, first get rid of this applications or software's which are not needed. Remove toolbar. The best thing you can do this is by re-installing your web browser. Second thing, go in msconfig and disable the services which are not needed. Sometime system restore can help you to restore the old settings which were best. Basically once your system is infected this virus comes again in your system. For that it is better if you should use a better antivirus and firewall from start and avoiding untrusted websites and download.

You can run a repair support on Windows Vista. Windows Vista has this option by which you can fix its file which are corrupted. It is also possible to creat a repair disc with this feature.

I had created a Windows Vista recovery disc. Just boot from Windows Vista installation DVD and choose Repair. There are number of options which you can configure here. By using the default settings Windows Vista will itself fix the current errors. It will scan and update the system files which are broken or corrupted. After that you must take care that in case of virus files either delete them. Do not run it. Sometime if the issue is too high, then it is recommended that you must re-install Windows instead of going for a repair because in future again the same issue will occur and you can do nothing in that. A appropriate antivirus with latest updates is more than enough for precaution.

Tools like hijack this just can just give a log info of what is going on the system. If you are a bit techie you can locate the location of service running and simply delete it.

For repair Vista there are tons of options. Like System restore, Safe mode scanning, Vista Repair, etc. Try some of them and surely hope that some of the solution will work. And if you are using a pirated version of Windows operating system then this issue will be recurring, because cracked operating systems come with many bugs and vulnerability. You cannot do much in that. On the other hand license version of this operating system are stable enough to work well. Sometime Windows release critical security updates. You must keep checking those updates to avoid such security risk.

The number of problem you had mentioned can only be fixed if you re-install Windows Vista. Keep a backup of your data ready, because if more issues occurs especially related to the registry can damage the operating system completely.

Did you ever tried to figure out how does this all appear. When a error occurred it shows the code which can be used to analyze the issue behind that. You had also not mentioned that there was any kind of blue screen error appeared. What those error mostly related. If they are software issue then surely fixing the operating system is enough for start. Running a repair installation works most of the time and you do not need to do much in that. The bootable DVD has all the settings in the same.