Thread: What does "PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE" means

What does "PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE" means

I am not sure others are getting this error or not, but I am using malwarebytes and getting this error " PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE ". It appear when I start my system. What is this exactly.

Re: What does "PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE" means

I think this error is related to Malwarebytes database updates. I will recommend you to download a latest version of this program from it official website and then re-install the same back again. It might fix the issue out.

There is another solution for this before re-installing it. I think the issue is related to the virtual memory of your system. Sometime because of low virtual memory some applications fails to run. The settings should be on automatic where the system adjust the virtual memory as and when required. I am providing you the entire process how to enable the same. Right click on my computer and then click on properties. Look for advance tab in the same and then click on Performance. On this box look for settings. I this new window look for advance and find the virtual memory button. Click on change. In that just ensure the option which is selected is System managed size. Click on set and give ok. Restart your system and then run malwarebytes. This might fix the issue.

It looks that the antivirus database file is corrupted. Once those data base files are corrupted then you need to re-install the same.

Search for mbam-clean.exe on Google. Download this file and run it. Before running for sometime I will recommend you to disable your antivirus if you are using any. This process is just re-installing the software back again. Because of some corrupt database or invalid system file can cause this issue. Download the file first and then run it. It will overwrite the existing installation file. After this you will need to re-register the antivirus back again. It is important to register the product so that you can collect the most appropriate updates. Restart the system and run malwarebytes back again. Restart your antivirus also and then check back.

Is there any antivirus in the system. If yes then remove the same. And then check back the same. I will recommend you to disable your antivirus first and re-install it.

There are better alternatives than malwarebytes. If this tool is giving you errors you can go for more better options. Malwarebytes is a good tool and the error is because of corrupt system files. You can re-install the same and if that does not work you can any many other malware remover. Currently I rely on Windows defender. This is inbuilt windows tool which work quiet well.