Thread: Boost wifi signal with Orange live box

Boost wifi signal with Orange live box

I am having the Orange live box and that is working well without any problem for me.I am able to use the Orange VOIP service without any charge but now I want to increase the range of the wifi signal of it to a large area. Can you tell me that how can I do that? I was thinking to plugin the wifi router without modem but when I connected the wifi router then it dos nothing. Now I am really hoping some help from you people. So if you know that what should be done for this then please let me know about this.

Re: Boost wifi signal with Orange live box

I would like to tel you that you will have to connect the Linksys router's WAN port in the LAN port which is there in the Livebox. When you dko that then the Linksys will acquire its WAN IP address as of the Livebox and the Linksys will then give the LAN IP addresses with the computers which are attached to that.

I would like to tell you that the livebox default is equipped with a WiFi access point, it is not an optional extra charge. This is made available so that your computer can "talk" to the Livebox, it must be understood that it is equipped with a wireless adapter to the standard 802.11. Ans so it prefer WiFi adapters for 802.11 (this standard is indicated on the adapter). Orange sells its own wireless adapters but you do not have to take these things. With this, you will find it cheaper and equal performance.

I also agree that you will not be able to do that but it is extremely important to secure the connection. The WEP key allows you to secure your connection to your neighbors or any "loops" can not connect to your network. It is therefore possible to connect to your Livebox WIFI only if you have the WEP key. Once the WEP key entered in both fields then click on the "connection". If you have entered your WEP key then you have established your Livebox WiFi connection.

If your connection is working well, you should not change the settings WIFI. However, if you wish to modify certain parameters, for any reason, the following procedure: To enter the setup menu of the Livebox, open your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) and type in the address bar the following command: http://192.168.1.1 then press the "Enter" key (press login button if the browser asks you). You will be asked to enter a user name and password. Provide the same to those fields. You are now on the configuration page of the Livebox.

If you have some trouble with your WiFi connection, you can try to change something at this stage. If you want then you can also modify the channel. It is possible that another device WiFi at home or near you and this can cause the problem. In this case, modifying the channel may solve the problem.

Can somebody over her can post the basic instructions about adding the Orange live box in your computer? I will be really thankful if somebody will help me for this.

If you have completed with the connection of the wireless adapter and the installation of that then you will be able to connect to the Livebox. To accomplish that, you should go to start first and after that from there open the control panel and select Network connection "wireless network". Just right click on that with the mouse and select "View Available Wireless Networks". It is important to choose your access point. To do this, check that the SSID on the bottom of the Livebox corresponds to that displayed on the screen. To connect to your Livebox, double-click on your wireless access point and enter your WEP key. To check your WEP key you must also look at the bottom of your Livebox.

If your connection still does not work, it is possible that your MAC address is enabled. So you can try by disabling that and see if that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshwari3 View Post
    If you have some trouble with your WiFi connection, you can try to change something at this stage. If you want then you can also modify the channel. It is possible that another device WiFi at home or near you and this can cause the problem. In this case, modifying the channel may solve the problem.
    Thank you so much for the replies. Changing the channel helps me. It does not boosts the signal much but still I am happy with that.