Thread: Can not close Avast Antivirus

Can not close Avast Antivirus

In my computer I have Mac OS X 10.7.1 operating system. I have installed Avast Antivirus in my computer and I am facing problem with the Avast antivirus in my computer. Now whenever I start Avast antivirus in my computer and after that when I close it at that time it gets restart automatically. please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Can not close Avast Antivirus

I have read the problem which you are facing with your computer and I would like to tell you that you should first disable Avast from the right side of the menu bar and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. Because many times due to background process also this type of problem takes place.

If you want to disable the Avst from the menu bar then you have will be able to disable that in system preferences. After opening the system preferences in your computer you have to select the Avast and then you have to select disable it. After doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I am telling you this because I am also using MAC in my computer and I was also having problem with the Avast and after that I have tried this solution and after that my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by removing the Avast Antivirus from your computer and after removing the Avast antivirus from your computer you have to install the Avast again and after installing the Avast again in your system you have to check wheter same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have read the solution and first I have disabled the Avast from the system preferences and after that I get the same problem. Now after that I have checked other settings in the Avast in my computer but there was nothing wrong. I have also tried to solve this problem by removing the Avast Antivirus from my computer and after that installing the Avast in my computer but after that also I was facing the same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

You should delete the com.avast.MacAvast.plist from your system and after that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. you can find the com.avast.MacAvast.plist by going in to the library directory and after that go to the LaunchAgents. After deleting that your problem will get solved.

Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

I will suggest you to update the Avast Antivirus and after updating the Avast Antivirus you have to restart the system and then you have to see whether it makes any difference or not. according to me after doing that your problem will get solved.