Thread: Windows Live messenger interfered with Avast Pro

Windows Live messenger interfered with Avast Pro

I have installed the AVAST Pro in my computer and I am also having the Windows Live messenger, I think that the AVAST Pro is interfering the functioning of the Windows Live messenger. Whenever I start the Windows Live messenger then it closes automatically and shows me the error message as "Windows Live messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close". This was not the problem earlier and I was able to use the Windows Live messenger without any problem. Can you guess that what can be the possible reason for this problem or how can I get this solved. Please eply, if you have any idea regarding this.

Re: Windows Live messenger interfered with Avast Pro

Do you have some other security software running in your computer. I am asking this because if you are having two security software installed in your computer at the same time then it will slowdown the processing of the computer and can also cause the issues similar to this. So the only thing that you can do about this is to uninstall anyone of those and this will solve the problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zared View Post
    Do you have some other security software running in your computer. I am asking this because if you are having two security software installed in your computer at the same time then it will slowdown the processing of the computer and can also cause the issues similar to this. So the only thing that you can do about this is to uninstall anyone of those and this will solve the problem as well.
    Thank you for your reply, but I am not having any other antivirus in my computer. Earlier, it was running the Avira but I uninstalled that first and after that only started with the installation of the Avast Pro. So I am sure that this is not the problem.

If you want then you can also try by repairing the avast as this can also solve the problem for you. If you want to do that then you will have to go to control panel and from there select Add or remove Programs. It will list all the programs that you have installed in your computer and when you get that installed software list then look for avast! software and click on the Repair option that is next to that. It will start repairing the program. After the successful repair, it might as you to restart the system . If it does not ask you then also you must restart the system in order to let the changes to action. Good Luck!!!

There might be some problem with the windows Live messenger that you are using. I think that reinstalling that could also solve this problem. So, if no other solution is helping you then you can also try with the same.

Are you sing some outdated version of the Avast Pro? This might be the reason that you are getting this problem. My suggestion to you is to uninstall that from your computer and after that install the over again. This time you should install the latest version of that available and see if that get take this matter out. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

You might have done some changes to the settings of the Avast pro and for that reason it is interrupting the processing of the Windows Live messenger. You can reset the settings for that to its default and that will solve the problem . You c.an also try by lowering the level of security to medium if that is set to high. These are the things that you can try for this and it can solve this.

This seems odd that the Windows Live messenger is interfering with the Avast Pro. There might be some other problem with that. If you want then you can try by uninstalling the Windows Live messenger and checking for the issue.