Thread: Keylogger Detection with Avira

Keylogger Detection with Avira

I am unsure that I am having the keylogger but when I scan my computer for that with the Avira antivirus then it comes up as clean. So I am putting this question over here and request you all to tell me that if it is detected by the Avira. If this is not detected then what do you recommend me to use so that I can know about this. Please reply of you know anything about this. Also post some more information about the Keylogger. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Keylogger Detection with Avira

If you have doubt that the Avira is not detecting the Keylogger then I think you need to update the database of that and it will solve the problem that you are facing. So do this and let us know that if this is helpful to you or not.

I would like to tell you that the AntiVirus detects most of the Keylogger. However, if a keylogger is hidden by a rootkit, so hardly a virus scanner will be able to get that detected. I dont think that there is some protection program in the world that can solve this problem. I think that you must make use of the Premium Edition as this will definitely be better as compared to the Classic Edition and this is because it also protects against drive-by downloads, but this version does not replace a security concept.

If you wish to avoid being detected as a malware keylogger, you can add that to the list of exceptions in antivirus.

OneCare is a very good antivirus that can be used for the issues like this. Microsoft offers a free website to scan your computer for viruses, spyware, but also for optimization. Microsoft offers a dedicated website, available in many languages, tools from its suite of Windows OneCare security. More specifically, Microsoft offers free safety scanner Windows Live OneCare, which will allow you to protect your computer with the following features:
    • Search and cleans viruses.
    • Delete unwanted items fro your computer.
    • Boost the performance of the system.

Keylogger Detector is a powerful tool for the detection and elimination of those programs that record keystrokes on your keyboard (keyloggers). The program is the only product of its kind based on the technique Windows hook and therefore it does not require signatures and searches as it can find most of the keyloggers that may be in different types of programs, including those who have not yet developed at this time. Its interface is nice and easy to use.

Here are the key features:
    • Detection of keyloggers.
    • HOOK WINDOWS Technology.
    • Detects various types of keyloggers, including strangers.
    • Detect invisible keyloggers.
    • Detects hidden keyloggers.
    • Ends processes keyloggers.
    • Easy to use interface.

I would like to tell you that the behavioral detection of Online Armor will confirm that even very special or new keyloggers are detected and blocked. Online Armor does not rely only on a list of malicious software (which can never be fully up to date), we monitor the possible behavior. Programs can record your keystrokes with different methods, these methods Online Armor searches and warns you with an appropriate dialog box.

You can also make use of the Personal Antispy. You will be protected from known and unknown spyware. This software was developed by professionals. These programs can send data to anyone, and keystrokes typed (chat, send emails, passwords, visited web addresses) e-mail. Spyware can install itself while you are connected to the Internet at any time and without us being aware of anything.

Supported operating systems:
    Windows 2000, Windows XP, Win 98-ME, Win 95

Minimum requirements:
    Pentium 200 / 32 MB RAM, Internet Explorer 5.0;

Recommended:
    Windows 2000 or later, Pentium - 300 / 128 MB RAM, Internet Explorer 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaF View Post
    You can also make use of the Personal Antispy. You will be protected from known and unknown spyware. This software was developed by professionals. These programs can send data to anyone, and keystrokes typed (chat, send emails, passwords, visited web addresses) e-mail. Spyware can install itself while you are connected to the Internet at any time and without us being aware of anything.

Supported operating systems:
    Windows 2000, Windows XP, Win 98-ME, Win 95

Minimum requirements:
    Pentium 200 / 32 MB RAM, Internet Explorer 5.0;

Recommended:
    Windows 2000 or later, Pentium - 300 / 128 MB RAM, Internet Explorer 5.0.
    hey, this worked for me. Thank you so much for reply. I hope that this thread will be helpful for other people as well who are searching for the same.