Thread: Freecom network drive cannot accept password

Freecom network drive cannot accept password

I am completed with the installation of the software for the network dive. I have set the admin and admin as user name and password and all the things were working well without any issue. I was able to map and remove the drive easily. But problem with that is, I am not able to get access to the web interface as it is not accepting the user name and the password which I set to it. I am sure that password is correct and I am typing that correctly. Can someone tell me that how can I access otherwise change the password. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Freecom network drive cannot accept password

There is very simple thing that you can do with this and that is, press and hold the "Reset“ button as well as the power button that is there on the device. Just press and hold that for about 15 minutes and then you will find that the settings will be reset to the default factory settings and the problem that you are getting will also be resolved. Please try with this and see the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugo View Post
    There is very simple thing that you can do with this and that is, press and hold the "Reset“ button as well as the power button that is there on the device. Just press and hold that for about 15 minutes and then you will find that the settings will be reset to the default factory settings and the problem that you are getting will also be resolved. Please try with this and see the result.
    If it is that simple to reset the password of the device then there is no point to have the password. Anyways, I am posting this over here to know more about this. If somebody has some additional information about this then please let me know that.

There is no question of doing business from hackers and then to steal passwords or other cracking programs but to recover the password if forgotten or lost but that are stored on your PC. Obviously you can not overlook the fact that they use a computer prgrammi not really, then a friend, or an internet cafe business would lead to appropriate codes of programs or video games bought by others.

The Freecom Network Drive support SMB network shares but without any (password) protection and one (disconnectable) FTP server that can be established to user / password protection for individual folders. (This is anonymous with read-only access). The biggest problem of the Freecom Network Drive 500 is the poor performance of the LAN port, the Freecom Hotline speaks of a usable transmission speed of 3.5 MB / sec, which uses more processor. There is one more change seems to have given in the file system, and this is not documented anywhere. This is also consistent with the Council of the hotline, to stay under 12 characters in directory names. However, I also had succeed transfers over 4GB max. File size beyond what actually should be possible not to FAT32.

There is one more thing in this that I liked is that you will be able to enter the inactivity timer for the record, after the board goes into sleep mode. This saves electricity, reduces the noise.

You will find that there are connections to a USB 2.0 port and a LAN 10/100Mbit/Sec. Where only one of the two ports can be used simultaneously. This is very nicely done, however, is the external power supply that comes with a sleek plug and that is much friendlier to my power strips when using the common power plugs of the competition.

I think that you should not set as a DHCP server and this is because only one is allowed per network.

I found that the web interface is uncluttered and clearly structured. The included PDF manual recommends that you first change in the system information the admin password. That the admin user itself can not be changed, this is however annoying. In the same way, it also host and group names registered and created the password protection. Then, users and rights are defined. Sharing of the Folders are also possible.

The drive uses the default settings as a DHCP server. Who wants to use it in the network, disable this under status. For the external FTP access can freely determine a port on the NAS, this must then be forwarded by the router.

I think that you will need to reset the settings and that will only solve the problem for you.