Thread: Connection error 815 with Netgear DGN2000 modem/router

Connection error 815 with Netgear DGN2000 modem/router

hello friends, I am using the Dell XPS 430 desktop and the Netgear DGN2000 modem/router and using the Zen ISP. I have connected to router with the help of the Ethernet cable. I am using this in the same way from a long time and never had problem like this. But from last one week when I see the info bar then I get there one yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on that. I tried with the Window’s Diagnose and Repair and reported me the “Error 815". Now this is not amble to established the network connection as the remote server is not responding anymore. I am not able to understand the reason for this problem. If you have some information that could help me then please let me know that. I will appreciate each and every reply for this.

Re: Connection error 815 with Netgear DGN2000 modem/router

Just open the device manager and from there go to the network adapters and make sure that you are not getting any warning icon over there. See if, it is showing any warning icon with the adapter and if you are getting that that might have failed and that is the reason for this.

This connection error might be from the wrong configuration of your Internet connection. For your first connection works, it is necessary that the broadband modem and the ADSL network to "include" using the same language (protocol).

Just go with the steps below and see if that can help you with this problem.
    1. Click the Start menu (the little flag on the left of the taskbar), then click Connect.
    2. The Network Connection window appears. Click on the link Set up a connection or network.
    3. The Configure a modem for dial-up appears. Complete the following fields:
      • Telephone dial-up: 8.35 only if you have the ADSL modem Sagem F @ st 800.
      • Username: Your username provided.
      • Password : Your password provided.
    4. Connection Name: Give the name you want your Internet connection (such as Orange Internet).
    5. Click the Connect button to make a new connection attempt.
    6. Make sure your connection is operational, open your browser and make sure the home page appears.

There is one software available especially for this bug and that is known as "Error 815 Instant Fix". So you can search and download this in your computer. You are completed with loading the software then you will have to press the Scan and when it is completed with the scan then just press on the Fix button and you will be out of the issue after this. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

Just contact with the ISP provider and inquire them regarding this. They are he best to help you in the cases like this. Please post back their reply over here so that it will be helpful for the other users who get here by searching for the same.

I was with the same problem earlier and was not able to get this solved. Solution for this was quite easy for me. I just need to open the Internet option and from there click on the options that says establish a connection. W hen I did this then the connection gets established without any problem. I wish that it will work in the same way for you as well.

I am not very sure about this but if you want then you can also try by resetting the router/modem to its default settings and that could solve the problem for p[you. I have seen some of the similar cases where doing the same solves the problem for them and so I hope that it will do the same for you.

Just get contact with the ISP service provider and ask this question to them. They will let you know that what is the problem with this and this could be resolved.