Thread: Need help in Network Rack Setup

Need help in Network Rack Setup

Hi all, i am thinking for Network Rack Setup in my office. and about that things, i am here in the hope that some one will really help me for doing this thing. let me tell you here that i am having Our rack which is having cable runners on both sides going up and down with holes about every foot to the back side of the runner. i am not getting the way that will help me for Network Rack Setup, if here anyone have setup the Network Rack then please reply me back for doing that things.

Re: Need help in Network Rack Setup

OK, if you are getting that type of the problem then at that time i think that there is problem related with the etwork team. i am telling this all because, You normally don't need to backtrack in a rack, and also this things is also called as the documentation. when i try to do the same things at that time i also try with the using different colors in the rack so it's easier to track a cable if really needed and with this all, i also uses cable locator, for you also i will suggest the same. try with this and reply me back about the suggestion for this.

HEy dude, for doing the same thing, i have just also done setting up a network rack for my office, and i have done that without having any problem with that. let me tel you here that my rack has cable runners on both sides going up and down with holes about every foot to the back side of the runner. after i have done with the Network Rack Setup at that time i get that it all nice and neat looking. after i finished with that, i reported this to my head and he told me that i need to run the CAT5 down the cable runner and also with that leave it all in front so it's easier to back track. here i am not getting that will people keep the cables in front like this?? if here also anyone have done wiht doing the same things then please reply me back about this. now i am thinking for changing that things and for that i am not getting the way for doing that things. if anyone have the suggestion then please suggets me back.

Ok, if you are thinking like this than let me tell here that this will works until you have 500 building ports, and also at the same time it only need to wire up 280 of them. and also while you are tryign with this all, at that time try to mark cables with cable wraps. It would cost a ton to liven up the 220 unneed ports so we do not do this.

Sorry dude here i am thinking that this is very hard to say about this without pictures, but i am thinking here what are you trying to describe here is you may have ran the patch cables in the back where the horizontal cabling. and also let me tel you here that the patch cabling should be in it's own cable management system. if you are not havig the idea about this then at that time make sure about this which i have told you here.

Yes, but for you i will say here that this totally depends upon the application, i have also tried with both the way and there i get that both the way are working very fine for me. and also here i woudl like to say that in my datacenter i am having switches which are mounted on the back of the 4-post racks so that the 15 servers in each rack and also wiht them i am getting that there is no need for to be plugged in back-to-front. but if you are trying to do the same thing for the smal office install then at that time i will tell you that the switch on the front of the rack because there are typically fewer servers and visibility for troubleshooting is more important.

hey all thanks for telling me about this all. i tried with this and now i am gettting that this all are working very fine for me.

But, i also need help for the Network Rack Setup and for that i have tried with the so many of the sugestion but still i get thta this is not working for me. when i try with the above all suggestion at that tim ealso i get the same problem. what can i do now??