Thread: GoFlex Home network drive is giving very slow data transmission rate

GoFlex Home network drive is giving very slow data transmission rate

I have bought GoFlex Home network drive and I have recently installed it to a D-Link DIR 655 router and my computer is connected to the router wirelessly and it is running at 802.11N. The router is connected via Gigabit Ethernet connection to the GoFlex Home network drive and the problem that I am facing here is that I am getting very low transmission rate and it is between 1.5~1.7 Mbps and it is really much less then I expect. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be highly appreciated.

Re: GoFlex Home network drive is giving very slow data transmission rate

Even I am facing the same kind of problem with the GoFlex Home and my Linksys WR54g and I am getting a transmission rate of 1.4~1.6 Mbps and I have never see it crossing above. I have also tried to change the computer as well but then it is not making any difference. As far as I am aware I should get up to 10mbps without any problem because I have some friends who are using wireless/router/ethernet connection and they are getting at least 10mbps, so expect the same but then I don’t know where exactly the problem is. I have tried to search for a setting for the GoFlex unit thinking that it might bring up the transfer rates but then I have found that almost everyone is having the same setting that I was having but then I don’t know why I am not getting the same transmission speed that they are getting. I have also contacted the Seagate Tech support and I have also mentioned the transmission speed as well and now I am just waiting for their reply. Let’s see what they have to say about this. Till then if anyone find a workaround for the same then please share it with us, it will be really appreciated.

Yes do let us know what response you get from them, actually even I am having a problem with the Goflex Home, I doubt if the product itself is faulty or something. I have recently moved 4Gb of mp3's on my GoFlex Home over a Gigabit Ethernet, first of all it took a lot of time to do the same and after that when I am trying to access the data from Mac then it is taking ages. I have found a no of people to have the same kind of problem with the Goflex Home but then I really have not come across any kind of workaround for the same. I really feel to get a refund for the same as it has just been a week and I really did not expected such slow transmission rate

I don’t think that these problems are existing with the Seagate products only because I have bought a WD network drive yesterday and now after setting it up I have found that it is giving me the worst transmission rate which is 1.2~1.5 Mbps and I think that it is extremely slow but then I was able to solve it out somehow by changing the power saving mode and then shut down remote access, and you know that this solution was suggested to me by the WD support but then I don’t think that this is really a solution for the same, I mean that this solution is defeating the purpose if the drive itself. I am really after a workaround for the same. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have tried some test and here is what I have found I think that you this can help you out, here I have connected the computer to GoFlex through a wireless link to router:
    • Wireless 802.11g (without Encryption) +router Linksys WRT54G 10/100 Ethernet ports=transfer rate 4.5Mb/s
    • Wireless 802.11g + router D-Link 655 Gigabit Ethernet ports=transfer rate 9.6Mb/s
    • Wireless 802.11n + router Linksys E3000 Gigabit Ethernet ports=transfer rate 63~64Mb/s

I think that I have found better result than you with USB 2.0 external drive +Computer +GoFlex, I will post in the same format:
    • USB 2.0+wireless 802.11n (without Encryption)+ router Linksys 3000 Gigabit Ethernet ports= transfer rate 57.6Mb/s
    • USB 2.00+ wireless 802.11n+ router Linksys 3000 Gigabit Ethernet ports= 53.6Mb/s

I will also like to add that I have made this test without any antivirus but then I don’t think that there will be much difference if you are having antivirus as well.

Hey thanks for than information, I really appreciate it and I think that I will out try out to replace my router and see it is helping me out but then I really wish that I get the same that you have mentioned. Other thing I wanted to say is that with the with USB 2.0 external drive +Computer +GoFlex I think that the transmission rate that you have mentioned here is expected but then I still doubt for the Wireless 802.11n + router Linksys E3000 Gigabit Ethernet ports=transfer rate 63~64Mb/s. I will really try out the same and let you know what I get.

I have bought GoFlex Home network drive and I have recently installed it to a D-Link DIR 655 router and my computer is connected to the router wirelessly and it is running at 802.11N. The router is connected via Gigabit Ethernet connection to the GoFlex Home network drive and the problem that I am facing here is that I am getting very low transmission rate and it is between 1.5~1.7 Mbps and it is really much less then I expect. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be highly appreciated.

I don’t know why these guys are facing such low transmission rate because I am using the STAM2000101 and it has been working fine for me and it has been 3 months as well and I am getting ~24mbps and that to over the wifi and with my old 11g wireless router I am getting up to ~480mbps and I think that it is quite expected for me as well. I also wanted to share that I am not using any of the bundled software I have just mounted a network drive and I am using windows built-in backup/restore and I have been using ftp for copying the files and all. Just try it out and see if it is making any difference for you all as well. Best of luck.

I have recently started using Linksys WRT54G and at this time only my computer was connected wirelessly - wireless 802.11g without any kind of Encryption, I am using the router Linksys WRT54G 10/100 Ethernet ports and the max transfer rate that I am getting is 4.5Mb/s. Where are when I have tested with a router wireless 802.11n and having router Linksys E3000 Gigabit Ethernet ports than the max transfer rate that I was getting is 63~64Mb/s I think that it is pretty slow, so I just wanted to know if there is any kind of tool that I can use I order to find out where the actual problem is. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.