Thread: Unable to download files from Google e-mail in Internet Explorer 9

Unable to download files from Google e-mail in Internet Explorer 9

i am making use of the default in built browser on windows internet explorer. my version is internet explorer9. i am using g mail from more than 4 years and generally we all check emails and attach files to it. but recently i was unable to download files attached to an e-mail in Gmail. my problem stands that at the time of downloading this file i get a a very strange file name. it does gives me option for saving and SAVE as. but dosent download in any sense. it just tells me to RETRY again after having an attempt of saving it. i also tried by renaming but all in vain. please i want the problem sorted out as this are my important files which need a download in my system.

Re: Unable to download files from Google e-mail in Internet Explorer 9

you should make a confirmation note with the browser specification or Google mail specification. try with an another browser like safari or Mozilla Firefox, you can get to know the problem. if you are able to download with the other browser you can get with it, or having problems with the browser then there are some miscalculations with the gmail account.

you seem to have problem with your browser. which is not allowing to download the files. there might be other mails where you need to download files from specific location. you can also try with the downloading of files from the other mails and come to a conclusion. if the fails in the other mails are downloading there are some issues with that specific mail. the file should have gone corrupt in some sense. this will confirm you that there are no issues with your browser and gmail account.

there are many possibilities in this case as if there are no downloading of any of the files in your gmail account, you just try with t he mailing of files in other account other than gmail. you can choose rediff for this purpose as there is no issue and i am using it for many years and find no problem with it. if the problems persists in rediff also you got problems with your browser. change the browser and see the difference. there are suggestions for many browsers previously.

when IE hangs or freezes with these kind of problems , make sure of one or more browser add-ons or plug-ins. also when the start up is slow the Internet Explorer freezes or cant do the specified thing.

after checking all the possibilities with the finding of you with error in internet explorer you can find that there is a missing of a Download Manager Window in your internet explorer.to have a fix on from the Gear>Safety menu, Click Delete Browsing History. don't choose the Preserve Favorites website data box and select Download History box. after this a Delete button will appear. Click it. after having a restart of all instances of Internet Explorer and along with press CTRL+J. by this the download manager should be able to display.

if this solution does not work for you, there is another way in which you can try for. Reset all the Internet Explorer 9 settings, and follow th einstructions accordingly.
    1. firstly close all the applications relating the internet explorer.try by typing in the search box type and in the results click Internet Explorer.
    2. click Internet options in the Tools button Picture of the Tools button.
    3. click Reset after moving in the Advanced tab
    4. if you want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages choose Delete personal settings check box.
    5. a dialog box will appear stating the resetting of Internet Explorer Settings. after this click Reset .
    6. after the applying of default settings of Internet Explorer, a close button will appear.click Close<OK.
    7. Close Internet Explorer after the whole process.

i found a risk involved in the process mentioned above. by resetting Internet Explorer Settings it will definitely reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions.Security, Privacy and Zone settings are all reseted due to this. clearing of all browsing history, deletion of all temporary Internet files is the major drawback when you need it. there can be no issue in this , but especially all stored passwords are been deleted by this means.

thanks for the help. I am able to download Word docs, PDFs, etc. now from Google Docs and email. there were some issues in the internet explorer. i later came with the settings mentioned and performed in the correct way. so now i am on the conclusion which i mentioned previously.