Thread: GoFlex Home is not responding and is overheated.

GoFlex Home is not responding and is overheated.

I am using GoFlex Home 1TB and it has been about six months and sometimes it used to get unresponsive but then after shutting it down using the power switch was solving the issue but then now I have found that it does not respond some times as usual and now the base of it is getting overheated. I think that there is some kind of problem with the hardware but then I am not that very sure about the same, I have found that the no of times it used to get un-responsive has reduced but then the overheating problem is still there. I am afraid that it can result in to some serious issue further, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me to avoid this problem. Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: GoFlex Home is not responding and is overheated.

I am having the same problem with my new 3TB GoFlex Home and even though I am able to access the drive but then I have been facing the unresponsive issue everyday and I have to reboot every times as well. I have found that the device shows as connected in the network but then I am not able to browse through windows or connect through the dashboard as well. I am not having that much problem with the heat but then I am concerned about it because there is not internal problem. I have also found that the drive is not able to go to the sleep mode and it stays appearing all the time, is there anyone who has a solution for the same? I also wanted to know that is there any chance that there might be something wrong with the dock?

I have been facing the same issues with the 2 TB GoFlex Home which I have bought recently. I have been facing the overheating problem since the first day but then I thought that it was normal but then now it has started getting very hot as compared to before and It does not respond sometimes as well. I have also found that the Drive does not come up in the computer and the same problem is with the dashboard as well. The only error that have received by now is “- Copy failed : Path no longer exists” and it occurred during a transfer. I have not got any other error to track out the cause for this issue. If anyone finds as solution for the same then just share it with us, it will be highly appreciated.

Even I am having the same problem and I have found that even when I am not accessing the drive then it gets het up and then it disappears from the network and during this I have found that it still holds up the light that are on the dick and that never go down until I turn them off using the power button. I have tried to contact the Seagate support but then have not got any response from them and they just said to get it to the service center and then they will check what is the issue and I think that is the very last option that I will try out. Currently I am not using the drive and I am thinking of taking a back up of the resources and try out some solution to solve the issue.

I am using GoFlex Home 1TB and it has been about six months and sometimes it used to get unresponsive but then after shutting it down using the power switch was solving the issue but then now I have found that it does not respond some times as usual and now the base of it is getting overheated. I think that there is some kind of problem with the hardware but then I am not that very sure about the same, I have found that the no of times it used to get un-responsive has reduced but then the overheating problem is still there. I am afraid that it can result in to some serious issue further, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me to avoid this problem. Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.
    I Think that you all can try to update the firmware and see if it is making any difference and in order to do so just go to the seagateshare site and then login in to your goflex home and after that just click on the preferences and then navigate to the software update option below and then just click on check now arrow and then get the latest firmware. If that does not help then I will suggest you to go for a replacement because that’s the only option left.

I Think that you all can try to update the firmware and see if it is making any difference and in order to do so just go to the seagateshare site and then login in to your goflex home and after that just click on the preferences and then navigate to the software update option below and then just click on check now arrow and then get the latest firmware. If that does not help then I will suggest you to go for a replacement because that’s the only option left.
    I have updated the firmware today as well and I don’t think that it is making any difference, I am still facing the problems that I was having. I think that there is something wrong with the goflex home and I am going to get it replaced tomorrow. Anyways thanks to all if you for sharing your suggestions here, I really appreciate them.