Thread: Trojan redirecting all sites in Ubuntu

Trojan redirecting all sites in Ubuntu

I usually use windows 7. By mistake i am infected by a trojan. The huge problem is it regularly redirects me to a some strange hosting site which contains full of ads. i cannot go to some specific sites easily. Due to this problem i have formatted the system which only C drive. i cannot format the other drives because i contain a large backup there. Somehow even after the format the Trojan survived. So for that purpose i changed to Ubuntu. After this for few days i didnt notice any redirects but yesterday it again reapppeared. What can i do now?

Re: Trojan redirecting all sites in Ubuntu

In the famous download page for Ubuntu, Gnome-Look.org has appeared a malware (Trojan) that causes through. Deb files will be installed to install malware, designed to affect users leaving the system ready to launch attacks DDoS. These are installable paquetes.DEB (double click on them). Apparently, it has risen several times in different files the Trojan to facilitate their spread (the last I know is called "NINJA"). Screen savers have been removed from Gnome-Look, org, and those affected and have a solution to remove if it is installed.

You only need your antivirus if you want to do a favor and check what steps to a Ubuntu machine. if it is not the case, even save a few megabytes of space and do not install it.

A Trojan can be loaded into the cache, it runs from there, who has himself to blame. But Linux is because it is (unfortunately) so without broad vulnerability gaps and fix them permanently.

It should be noted however, that a Trojan root access is not mandatory. The things for the Trojans will be written today and spread (sending spam, DDoS attacks, distribution of illegal files, etc.) work without root privileges. Required by the Trojans only to hide really well. However, it should be for an average user already difficult or impossible to identify a normal, non-hidden process as vicious, if this process takes the name of a service that is available on every desktop system (eg dbus-launch ).

Have you installed Winde in your Ubuntu PC. Moreover, it is unlikely that modern Windows Malicious programs are run under Wine. Wine only implements the Windows API, but Trojans call, bypassing the API system calls directly from ntoskrnl.dll on or set to do even more deeply and try to replace system calls directly. Both are not possible under Wine, and will lead to the Trojan does not work either directly or even crashes.

If you allow the script and having your browser to the appropriate vulnerability, then you've captured the appropriate malware, it also helps cache teach rather uncertain, since viruses and worms are hiding more elsewhere (so deep in the system as / bin) and there they would replace existing preference files. First, there is no "drive-by Trojans" (that would be more of a virus or worm) Trojan horse will always be "aware" installed or the "disk utility". And of course, could be a Trojan or other malware on Linux perform the same actions as in Windows. After all, you can also collect data with Linux (including text input), and send them via network or received. And that's what makes the most of today's malware. Today's malware is no longer trimmed to delete data, or otherwise somehow do something that is immediately apparent. but rather is keen to work in the background and not to be discovered.

OK, this would mean that a Trojan via drive-by download would not be possible due to necessary consent.

Windows viruses and malware installed via this method would be both ineffective under Linux