Thread: False Positive WebGuard - JS/Agent.alx comes during Avira scanning

False Positive WebGuard - JS/Agent.alx comes during Avira scanning

I use Avira 2012 antivirus on my windows xp system in last two month and now i got problem onto it. Now When i try to do full system scanning using Avira software, this virus which is mentioned on title arrives. It shows that this is an false positive. Hence i think that it will be never been removed. What did you think about it? I need some expert suggestion to fix this issue. Thanks for any helps.

Re: False Positive WebGuard - JS/Agent.alx comes during Avira scanning

I would be recommend to you for try to scan your system in safe mode. It might be possible that this safe mode works to fix your problem. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. We know that this mode works to remove such virus in well manner. Hence try to do this simple task for removing your virus onto this system. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelyn View Post
    I would be recommend to you for try to scan your system in safe mode. It might be possible that this safe mode works to fix your problem. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. We know that this mode works to remove such virus in well manner. Hence try to do this simple task for removing your virus onto this system. this is well for you to fix your complex issue.
    This is false positive virus and hence i think that there is any possibility to remove your virus from your system. You need to contact expert of avira and Submitting suspected false positives to Avira. This is necessary TO fix your complex issue. Because if any such current version of antivirus not able to remove this virus, then it shows this virus as false positive. You need to wait for expert reply after submitting this false positive suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaF View Post
    This is false positive virus and hence i think that there is any possibility to remove your virus from your system. You need to contact expert of avira and Submitting suspected false positives to Avira. This is necessary TO fix your complex issue. Because if any such current version of antivirus not able to remove this virus, then it shows this virus as false positive. You need to wait for expert reply after submitting this false positive suspects.
    Insetad of doign this much long process, i would be things that why shouldn't use another antivirus. There are many antivirus available that works nicely with this windows xp. Few of them is being quick heal, avg, norton or something else. You can use one of them and fix your virus cleaning issues.