Thread: "Unspecified Error" Message When Starting‎ AVG 2012

"Unspecified Error" Message When Starting‎ AVG 2012

I used AVG 2012 free edition program on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. By default this laptop running windows 7 OS. Now, when i try to start the antivirus, "unspecified error" message arives on screen. it gives Yes and No option on this message. If i press Yes, it disabled for few seconds. Then suddenly it comes on screen. If i press No option, message presents on screen. What should i do that works to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: "Unspecified Error" Message When Starting‎ AVG 2012

In such situations, safe mode, works to fix this complex issue. You need to press F8 during rebooting your dell laptop. Select Safe mode option. This mode works to load basic system driver onto primary memory. with the help of this basic driver, system able to avoid any unnecessary programs on this system. Then perform this virus scanning task on it with the help of AVG 2012 antivirus. This will be work to fix your complicated task.

Do pack the output of C:\ProgramData\AVG2012\Dumps folders in an archive (zip file). You can do this with the help of 7zip software on your windows 7. Then perform uploading task on it. You need to upload it to AVG FTP. This is necessary to avoid your systems unspecified error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuvana21 View Post
    Do pack the output of C:\ProgramData\AVG2012\Dumps folders in an archive (zip file). You can do this with the help of 7zip software on your windows 7. Then perform uploading task on it. You need to upload it to AVG FTP. This is necessary to avoid your systems unspecified error message.
    You can also use other files that works to perform same task for avoiding this issue. Try to copy all log files to temporary directory and then pack them into an archive. This time also use 7zip software or any other. perform this unpacking task on it. The complete set of log files and the dump files upload to same AVG FTP. This will be work to avoid this complex problem in next antivirus version. Try this and check its valuable result onto it. In responce to this AVG FTP, expert send you proper solutions over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese-R View Post
    You can also use other files that works to perform same task for avoiding this issue. Try to copy all log files to temporary directory and then pack them into an archive. This time also use 7zip software or any other. perform this unpacking task on it. The complete set of log files and the dump files upload to same AVG FTP. This will be work to avoid this complex problem in next antivirus version. Try this and check its valuable result onto it. In responce to this AVG FTP, expert send you proper solutions over this issue.
    It is possible that you are experiencing same error as other users which already provided us with dump files. Hence i would be recommend to you for contact directly on AVG tech support site. They provide you the respected solutions for your windows vista system. Expert of the AVG site has been tremendaous knowledge about it. You need to contact experts and get more information about it. They provide you details about it. You can also take help of the Antivirus manual. Troubleshooting section of the manula work to get more information about this issue.

"Unspecified Error Occured In AVG" message means that some AVG internal process crashed. There is necessary to perform antivirus update task on your windows 7. For doing this task you need to check the antivirus update program on your windows vista. Use help of Google site and download your latest version of the AVG antivirus. This will be work to avoid such complex task onto it.