Thread: AVG antivirus 2011 Free Edition uninstalling automatically

AVG antivirus 2011 Free Edition uninstalling automatically

hi guys it seems problem occurring with my avg 2011. i had a latest download of it. i am using windows 7 operating system and these days i was not able to see the antivirus program on my system. i am the sole user for this and don't think that any body would remove my program and uninstall it as i enabled password mode and there seems to be no entry on the computer. where is the antivirus program? is it disabled. want to know reasons for this.

re: AVG antivirus 2011 Free Edition uninstalling automatically

you should try to check in the start menu, there you will possibly find some solution for it. and further, i want to say that there is no UN installation of Avg by itself but according to me i surely say that, there must be programs gone wrong which are enabling it to be deactivated or can say that anybody must have removed it.

either your antivirus has gone corrupt due to this , you are not able to get with the antivirus. there are some cases where there is no indication of antivirus program installed in the system , but the actual processing is done in the background. try with inserting external device, where you will be available with the scan option, if scan option is not available, you could say that the antivirus does not exists.

you can locate your antivirus program in the C drive where you will find files relating to your software, have a check in it. there you will also find setup file present. just try for it. you will be back with positive results. but this will be available temporary and prove a temporary solution. instead of this. you can install a fresh copy of AVG antivirus, and see the results. if it does occur again, i may definitely confirm that the setup file with which you make a install is corrupted. download another file or.exe file of that antivirus, if you are interested continuing with or can try another antivirus program.

if at the start menu, you see an AVG 2011 Free Edition icon appearing in the list of programs, have click on it. if that does not function properly, Please make sure of the log-files on your system.To locate your AVG files i can say that they are located C:\ProgramData\AVG10\log\. we will have an look over those files and do tell you cause of deactivation with a quick response.

your operating system might have gone corrupt due to the encountering of malwares on your system. so try in a safe mode if possible and then check the functioning of your AV program. if you are not able to function properly, the sole option left with you is installation of fresh operating system.

Re: AVG antivirus 2011 Free Edition uninstalling automatically

i was sure that some viruses are present in my files in my pen drive and i was inserting my pen drive to scan for viruses , i found this time that AVG was missing. i made installation of some previous days ago. later I tried for re installation and found out with new one. an error OxC0070643 appeared . I think this is going to be a log file. it was not beneficial for me to have enter viruses without no cause, so i removed it completely and had Avast antivirus installed.