Thread: AD-AWARE keep asking for update to newer version

AD-AWARE keep asking for update to newer version

I have already installed the new version of ad-aware in my computer but the problem is it is keep asking for me to update to the newer version. it is still saying that there is a newer version available to download. i have clicked the prompt many times but it does nothing. Simply telling me the same thing. what could be the issue?

Re: AD-AWARE keep asking for update to newer version

Yes I have exactly the same problem as you for the updates! on the launch show (your definitions have 28 days you want to search for updates now) I hit ok, then 5% connections.after that download error! it has to come from the site of ad-aware for updates, I also want to have a solution soon!

Lavasoft has an additional tool for Ad-Aware available for free download. The tool is called "Ad-aware Cloak 1.0" and helps the spyware-killer to do his work, by disguising the presence of Ad-Aware. Some spyware programs, such as variants of "CoolWebSearch" are in a position to prevent the launch of Ad-aware and make it the tool so impossible to search the hard drive at all for pests. To cope with this problem, Lavasoft has developed this tool for it. The approach: users can start first with a single click the Cloak and only then installed Ad-aware version. Spyware Killer should now be able to do his work undisturbed. After work, the program is just as Ad-aware disables itself again.

I also did the same thing when ad-aware asked me to do the same thing. After the finishing of the update i have restarted the system. Everything seems to be slight changed then again after few minutes i again got the same pop up asking me that update the newer version.