Thread: Avira start late on Windows startup order

Avira start late on Windows startup order

This is really becoming a bit weird but I thinks Avira starts up very late when my windows boots up .Now this does not really belong to Avira 12, the same thing is happening, even with Avira Premium 10. Since Avira is as significant to system security, when my PC boots, I expect Avira to start very early on in the process of loading applications. Unfortunately, Avira starts too delayed and I make sure about this in the Task Manager and its shows Avira loads afterward . there are many applications that load before Avira, like NVIDIA settings manager, COMODO firewall, Display fusion . so in short ,is there is a method to shift that to the ahead in load sequence? I would be really appreciating this and apart from that M/C looks as if stuck when Avira finds plus installs updates. Did not see this in v12, however was always in v10 Is that usual? I am make use of Avira Premium through Super Antispyware and COMODO suite for more than three years with no any problem

Thanks

Re: Avira start late on Windows startup order

I feel bad but I do not think there's a way to control the order in which programs Windows starts in the beginning .. although "avira" seems slow to start, I do not think it's anything to worry about in the case of Avira, I think the reason is a bit slow to start up is because it uses "Microsoft Visual C + + 2008" avira antivir when GUI changed, and started using "Microsoft Visual C + + 2008" with "antivir 9", I realized it was relatively slow to start, and I attribute the use avira "Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 ".. Also, when installing the program avira, there is an option of "safe start", where in the Windows startup, Avira "guard" starts early .. this option is not the default settings and I do not use .. avira if you really want to start early, you could use this "safe start" option .. to use that option to have the Avira guard "start early", you may need to reinstall avira, with a custom installation, in order to switch to "start early" ..

Hey thanks for the reply but I have enabled Safe Start Avira I think puts a warning that further delay would be before m / c is available after boot if you check this option - but I have found that anyway when I installed Avira. But that does not help. I do not see AntivirService from Task Manager after boot. It takes some time to load into reality.

For I know that Avira does not recommend the use of any safety program along Avira products, especially in real time. It is also advisable to deactivate the defense when using Comodo Firewall +. With respect to the start, you can use third party software to manage your boot order at your own risk, create a batch file at your own risk or reduce the amount of unnecessary programs or processes at startup.

Thanks for reply That is really bad, but I was thinking is that there is a registry hack to reorganize similar to the service groups. It is very critical - and I would not be using any third-party tools just to add more delay. You can always set the late start other services - without additional tools, but almost certainly does not help. I updated my profile with os information.

I further understand that the official recommendation and I am the ultimate answer to the Internet slows down when a page has to go through several scanners, but I never felt any major slowdown. I have Comodo Firewall defense set to safe mode, but I find most irritating, it does pop-up proactively for each event but damn kind of like it for various reasons, such as whether any of the applications I'm running is trying to call home or modify "some" registry keys without my knowledge. Never had conflicts with the operation of Avira - and often catches malware using heuristics even before Avira has a chance to respond. Over time the database has exceptions most of the events that I do not care - and now is not asked often

Hi can you tel me is it why are you unable to make use of the Task Manager to view what program should loads in the beginning . it is just a e graphical user interface. And the fact that Avira operate as a service, plus it starts actually earlier before your Windows desktop come into view.

You are welcome, it's not a good idea to make registry changes, I stopped using SAS cause was useless to me. Never had problems with real-time protection, but would be remiss to give my opinion and does not take into account the official recommendation of a company with millions of customers around the world, right? Therefore, this is not recommended. I think he has good layer of protection. If you have real-time protection of SAS, SAS note that also has a security option called "first chance" or something similar to the Safe Start campaign Avira products. If you have this option turned on there, can also cause a delay in loading of services and processes Avira. So disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake View Post
    Hi can you tel me is it why are you unable to make use of the Task Manager to view what program should loads in the beginning . it is just a e graphical user interface. And the fact that Avira operate as a service, plus it starts actually earlier before your Windows desktop come into view.
    You are absolutely correct on this aspect but I am sorry that I don’t have the appropriate knowledge on Windows internals to comment on this

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumathi View Post
    You are welcome, it's not a good idea to make registry changes, I stopped using SAS cause was useless to me. Never had problems with real-time protection, but would be remiss to give my opinion and does not take into account the official recommendation of a company with millions of customers around the world, right? Therefore, this is not recommended. I think he has good layer of protection. If you have real-time protection of SAS, SAS note that also has a security option called "first chance" or something similar to the Safe Start campaign Avira products. If you have this option turned on there, can also cause a delay in loading of services and processes Avira. So disable it.
    And I also have the somewhat same opinion with you as far as SAS is concern I feel it is useless for real time protection as, it doesn't make any problem, I just continue running anyways. Also, I don't contain "first chance" permit for SAS, so it's not a setback. Thanks again.

That is very easy to do all you have to do is go to the Start menu and type eventvwr in the search field. Press Enter. Expand "Windows Logs" and then click the "system" registry. Here you can see that each service starts. Scroll down to find the moment of its inception, and is an entry for Avira service somewhere. This is before your Windows desktop appears, and that is where NIS starts protecting your system.

So you are saying that the Task Manager displays wrong DATA ? If we open the Task Manager or else Process Explorer, etc. and avguard.exe is not displayed there as operating , then it is displaying the wrong way, and the time showing as loading avguard.exe is somehow a bit late

It might be great if you tell me the exact moment while the Avira service begin on startup. as soon as precisely am I sheltered by Avira while turning on the PC? 10 seconds subsequent to startup? Or even later? Or does the Avira service initiate as soon as I turn on my PC? Just curious.